Use Sweet N' Low for Ants

This isn't a tip, it's a thank you for a contributor to Thriftyfun.com who suggested putting down Sweet n Low to get rid of ants.

Works like a charm! Better than ant traps. If it rains though, of course you have to put down more.

When I see ants, I open several packets (one would probably be fine, but I tend to be a little gung ho on things) and spread them out in the path they're making.

It's amazing to watch how they stop and start carrying some of it back to their nest. I've actually seen them carve a path in the white Sweet N Low. I see less of them the next day and by the second day the ants are gone.

Naturally, I use the cheapest version of Sweet N Low that I can find! Not the actual brand name! Too expensive!

Thank you for the tip. It worked and was cheap and simple. We love that!

By metroplex

What a great idea.

Does it have to be "Sweet N Low " can it be Equal or any other "Sweetener? Does it work on ALL ANTS? I sure hope so.

Home and Garden Pest Control AntsNovember 2, 2009
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 4:48:28 AM on 10.0.2.71 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.