Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Donating Old Greeting Cards

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Greeting Cards

Certain charities, schools, and other organizations collect used greeting cards for fundraising activities and crafts. This is a guide about donating old greeting cards.

Solutions: Donating Old Greeting Cards

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Donate Cards to St. Jude's Recycled Card Program

This is a tip to not only help sick children learn entrepreneurship, but a chance to teach your own children and grandchildren the gift of sharing and caring, particularly here at Christmas time.

St. Jude's Ranch for Children has a Recycled Card Program where the children takes used cards and make new ones; which they then sell on the St. Jude's Ranch website.

The rewards are great. You get satisfaction in knowing the cards are used to help sick children, plus it helps keep your storage area uncluttered. The sick children get satisfaction in taking an old, used card and making it into a brand new one; plus they receive money for their 'work' and they are taught entrepreneurship skills.

All it costs you is the price of mailing. Please consider this possibility when looking for something to entertain and teach your children during this busy Christmas season.

At this time, they are in particular need of Birthday and Thank You cards. Also, you can buy these 'refurbished' cards through their website.

The ladies in my Bible Study group sends many, many cards each year and split the mailing costs. This system works great for my group.

Their website is: Recycled Card Program

By Norma from Parrott, GA

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Donating Old Greeting Cards.

Question: Donating Greeting Cards

Does anyone know where I can donate used greeting cards?

By Jaclyn T.

Most Recent Answer

By Marlene [18]04/08/2013

Youe local Senior Center would welcome them.

Question: Greeting Card Donation

Do I donate only front of card? The inside messages are personal to me.

By Marilyn

Most Recent Answer

By Mary Lou [14]04/24/2014

I always only donate the front of cards. But if there is a letter or message on the inside of the front that I want to keep, I photocopy or if you have a computer printer with copy feature, use that.

Question: Donating Greeting Cards for Recycling

Where are these cards to be mailed and how many can be sent? I currently support St. Jude's with a monthly donation and have an accumulation of cards for various occasions.

By Glenna

Question: Donating Used Greeting Cards

I have accumulated quite a lot of assorted greeting cards (birthday, get well, etc.) that I can't use, but surely someone can use them. Where can I send them by 3rd of 4th class mail? Thanks.

Anne

Most Recent Answer

By hopeful [25]01/21/2014

You can take them to a Retirement Center in your hometown. They will either give them to the residents there, or sell them in their little (recycle) gift shop if they have one. You could probably also give them to a women's shelter, or a church for their missionary program. Some churches have a room where they stock shelves with donated items for their missionaries.

You could also send them to "Samaritan's Purse." They would find a good use for them.

Question: Donating Used Greeting Cards

I live in Twickenham TW2 7BS, UK. I am looking for a place to donate used greeting cards. Any suggestions?

By William

Best Answer

By Louise B. [5]01/13/2014

Day cares, children's clubs, and schools sometimes can use them for arts and crafts.

Question: Donating Sample Notecards

I have several cartons of brand new notecards I received as samples from my factory. They are mostly full boxes, still shrinkwrapped. I would like to see them go to good use. I live in Hingham, Massachusetts on the south shore of Boston. Suggestions?

By George

Most Recent Answer

By Linda [37]12/03/2013

The Red Cross sends Christmas cards to soldiers - maybe they take ALL types of greeting cards. Try to find a local Red Cross or Google where to send them.

Question: Donating Greeting Cards

I am going through my cards new and used ones and want to know if I need to just send the fronts of them or all of the card? I also need to have an address to send them to. Thank you.

By Carolyn from Edgar, NE

Most Recent Answer

By Caseye [28]01/18/2012

I am an environmental educator and would love to have your cards for the workshops I teach to kids, from preschool to high school. I can use the entire card, including the saying inside, which we use for multiple purposes. Also, I can really use everyday cards such as birthday, anniversary, get-well, etc. If you'd like to help, please send your cards to: Earth Inspired Crafts, P. O. Box 1981, Allen, TX 75013-1981. Thanks so much!

Question: Where Can I Donate Greeting Cards?

I have a large box of assorted greeting cards and would like to donate them. Could you give me an address to send them too?

By Ginny from Port Townsend, WA

Most Recent Answer

By Ginny [1]05/03/2010

Thank you all for your very good suggestions. I have several places I can go to now.
Ginny