Donating Old Greeting Cards

Certain charities, schools, and other organizations collect used greeting cards for fundraising activities and crafts. This is a guide about donating old greeting cards.

December 21, 2010 Flag

This is a tip to not only help sick children learn entrepreneurship, but a chance to teach your own children and grandchildren the gift of sharing and caring, particularly here at Christmas time.

St. Jude's Ranch for Children has a Recycled Card Program where the children takes used cards and make new ones; which they then sell on the St. Jude's Ranch website.

The rewards are great. You get satisfaction in knowing the cards are used to help sick children, plus it helps keep your storage area uncluttered. The sick children get satisfaction in taking an old, used card and making it into a brand new one; plus they receive money for their 'work' and they are taught entrepreneurship skills.

All it costs you is the price of mailing. Please consider this possibility when looking for something to entertain and teach your children during this busy Christmas season.

At this time, they are in particular need of Birthday and Thank You cards. Also, you can buy these 'refurbished' cards through their website.

The ladies in my Bible Study group sends many, many cards each year and split the mailing costs. This system works great for my group.

Their website is: Recycled Card Program

By Norma from Parrott, GA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

December 1, 2010 Flag

I found a way to help my school, recycle, and make a child smile. I received a box full of old Christmas cards. Since most of them had been written on, I decided to fold them in half and glue them down. I passed them on to the librarian at the school where I work. Since they are in different sizes, the kids love them from kindergarten to 5th grade. I can also do this with old greeting cards for other holidays.

By Jetruth from Waterloo, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 11, 2014 Flag

I live in Twickenham TW2 7BS, UK. I am looking for a place to donate used greeting cards. Any suggestions?

By William

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Day cares, children's clubs, and schools sometimes can use them for arts and crafts.

Any nursing home or senior citizen's center

Eastbourne

January 18, 2014 Flag

I have accumulated quite a lot of assorted greeting cards (birthday, get well, etc.) that I can't use, but surely someone can use them. Where can I send them by 3rd of 4th class mail? Thanks.

Anne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am gathering used and unused cards to support this program. For more information email me:

75kgreen@gmail.com

St. Judes Ranch for Children recycles your used greeting cards and creates new holiday and all-occasion greeting cards. Recycled cards are sold to support our programs and services for abused, neglected and homeless children, young adults and families.

75kgreen@gmail.com

75kgreen@gmail.com

March 31, 2016 Flag

Any ideas where to donate unused small sympathy, thank you, and "in appreciation" notes with envelopes in boxes? They are from a funeral home that no longer uses these. I also have tons of prayer cards on 8.5 x11 sheets that are 8 up perforated with picture on the front and verse on the back. here are lots of different ones. I hope someone can use these.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The local nursing homes would love them.

January 17, 2012 Flag

I am going through my cards new and used ones and want to know if I need to just send the fronts of them or all of the card? I also need to have an address to send them to. Thank you.

By Carolyn from Edgar, NE

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Are you a business, using the cards to make money for yourself? You say you are an educator and teach kids, is that your main goal? Just want to know who will benefit from what I donate.

My mother made greeting cards. She passed away in 2008. It's time to let them go. I would like to donate them to a group that could use them to help encourage others. I would like to get a tax deduction if possible. I have 20,000 plus all occasions cards without the envelope. I live in mid Michigan.

Do you just want the front of the cards or the whole card?

April 27, 2010 Flag

I have a large box of assorted greeting cards and would like to donate them. Could you give me an address to send them too?

By Ginny from Port Townsend, WA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

St. Jude's Ranch for Children only needs the fronts of the cards (only send ones that do not have any personal writing on the back). It will also save you in postage.

http://www.stju … rg/help_card.php

Thank you all for your very good suggestions. I have several places I can go to now.

Ginny

Do you still use greeting cards, I have a lot to send if you do.

April 7, 2013 Flag

Does anyone know where I can donate used greeting cards?

By Jaclyn T.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

St. Judes has a program. It is wise to visit their site so you know the kind they can't accept, saving them time and you postage. Here is this wonderful program.

http://www.stju … ed-card-program/

Youe local Senior Center would welcome them.

December 1, 2013 Flag

I have several cartons of brand new notecards I received as samples from my factory. They are mostly full boxes, still shrinkwrapped. I would like to see them go to good use. I live in Hingham, Massachusetts on the south shore of Boston. Suggestions?

By George

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The Red Cross sends Christmas cards to soldiers - maybe they take ALL types of greeting cards. Try to find a local Red Cross or Google where to send them.

Wish I would have seen your post before this! We would have loved to get your notecard samples! I teach workshops to kids and adults and we use notecards, greeting cards, etc. Thanks for trying to get your notecards into the hands of those who could "put them to good use"! If you have any cards in the future that you'd like to send us, please do so to: Casey, Earth Inspired Crafts and Education, P O Box 1981, Allen TX 75013-1981. Thanks very, very much.

Hi casey! Are you still interested in greeting cards? I want to confirm before sending them. Is your address still - earth inspired crafts & education. Po box 1981 allen, TX 75013? Thank you, renee

June 3, 2016 Flag

Where in St Petersburg Florida can I donate old greeting cards?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 3, 2015 Flag

Where can I take my used Christmas cards locally in the London NW3 area?

By Michael W

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

https://stjudes … -all-year-round/

They just ask for non Hallmark, American Greeting or Disney. It's 5 by 7 or smaller, fronts only with no markings on the back.

Hope that helps.

PBP

April 22, 2014 Flag

Do I donate only front of card? The inside messages are personal to me.

By Marilyn

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I always only donate the front of cards. But if there is a letter or message on the inside of the front that I want to keep, I photocopy or if you have a computer printer with copy feature, use that.

February 4, 2015 Flag

Do you collect only the front part of the card or the entire card with writing?

By Paulette from Silver Spring, MD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 21, 2014 Flag

Where are these cards to be mailed and how many can be sent? I currently support St. Jude's with a monthly donation and have an accumulation of cards for various occasions.

By Glenna

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 25, 2014 Flag

Where do I donate greeting cards?

By B Turner

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Better Living Charity AdviceApril 9, 2013
Finished tile trivet project (square format).
Making a Greeting Card Trivet
Woman Making Greeting Cards With Children
Saving Money on Greeting Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
Making Fall Greeting Cards
Making Fall Birthday and Greeting Cards
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:34:47 PM on 10.0.0.82 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.