Donating Old Greeting Cards

Greeting Cards
Certain charities, schools, and other organizations collect used greeting cards for fundraising activities and crafts. This is a guide about donating old greeting cards.

I found a way to help my school, recycle, and make a child smile. I received a box full of old Christmas cards. Since most of them had been written on, I decided to fold them in half and glue them down. I passed them on to the librarian at the school where I work. Since they are in different sizes, the kids love them from kindergarten to 5th grade. I can also do this with old greeting cards for other holidays.

By Jetruth from Waterloo, IA

St. Jude's has a fun racing program that sells recycled greeting cards. This is a guide about donating greeting cards to St. Jude's recycled card program.

Greeting Card

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I have accumulated quite a lot of assorted greeting cards (birthday, get well, etc.) that I can't use, but surely someone can use them. Where can I send them by 3rd of 4th class mail? Thanks.

Anne

Answers

You can take them to a Retirement Center in your hometown. They will either give them to the residents there, or sell them in their little (recycle) gift shop if they have one. You could probably also give them to a women's shelter, or a church for their missionary program. Some churches have a room where they stock shelves with donated items for their missionaries.

You could also send them to "Samaritan's Purse." They would find a good use for them.

We would be delighted to receive your cards! I teach workshops to kids and adults about recycling, and we use greeting cards a lot! If you'd like to help, please send your cards to me at: Casey, Earth Inspired Crafts and Education, P O Box 1981, Allen TX 75013-1981. Thanks very much!

I live in Twickenham TW2 7BS, UK. I am looking for a place to donate used greeting cards. Any suggestions?

By William

Best Answer

Day cares, children's clubs, and schools sometimes can use them for arts and crafts.

I have a large box of assorted greeting cards and would like to donate them. Could you give me an address to send them too?

By Ginny from Port Townsend, WA

Answers

http://www.ehow  eting-cards.html

You can call the local preschools and ask if they need them.The nursing homes, senior centers always need things for crafts. I used to make "Get well, Hope you feel better soon,Sunshine" cards for people in the hospital, out of used cards and construction paper. Maybe a Girl Scout troop can use them? GG Vi

I am an environmental educator, and am always in need of greeting cards for lots of projects I teach! I can use the entire card, front and back (many of the sayings can be re-used for multiple projects!). If you'd be willing to help, please send cards to my attention (Casey Eckert) at 4200 W. Plano Parkway, Plano, TX 75093. Thanks very, very much!

Most elementary schools will use them, especially Christmas cards. But they will likely not turn down your cards. Phone around.

I was a teacher for years, and we used cards for numerous projects.

Sunday schools might use them as well.

St. Jude's Ranch for Children accepts all types of greeting cards. You can mail your donations to:

St. Jude's Ranch for Children

Recycled Card Program

100 St. Jude's Street

Boulder City, NV 89005

St. Jude's Ranch for Children only needs the fronts of the cards (only send ones that do not have any personal writing on the back). It will also save you in postage.

http://www.stju  rg/help_card.php

Thank you all for your very good suggestions. I have several places I can go to now.

Ginny

I am going through my cards new and used ones and want to know if I need to just send the fronts of them or all of the card? I also need to have an address to send them to. Thank you.

By Carolyn from Edgar, NE

Answers

One way to reuse greeting cards is put a white label over the signature which is generally on the inside, sign it and send it on. This way the card can be used multiple times.

Looking for an envelope? Go to a store where they sell greeting cards and ask to speak to the person who stocks the cards. Ask the person if you could have the envelopes that they find that don't have a card to go with them. This is a great way to collect different sizes of envelopes and in color too.

http://www.stju  ed-card-program/

I am an environmental educator and would love to have your cards for the workshops I teach to kids, from preschool to high school. I can use the entire card, including the saying inside, which we use for multiple purposes. Also, I can really use everyday cards such as birthday, anniversary, get-well, etc. If you'd like to help, please send your cards to: Earth Inspired Crafts, P. O. Box 1981, Allen, TX 75013-1981. Thanks so much!

Does anyone know where I can donate used greeting cards?

By Jaclyn T.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

St. Judes has a program. It is wise to visit their site so you know the kind they can't accept, saving them time and you postage. Here is this wonderful program.

http://www.stju  ed-card-program/

Youe local Senior Center would welcome them.

I have several cartons of brand new notecards I received as samples from my factory. They are mostly full boxes, still shrinkwrapped. I would like to see them go to good use. I live in Hingham, Massachusetts on the south shore of Boston. Suggestions?

By George

Answers

The Red Cross sends Christmas cards to soldiers - maybe they take ALL types of greeting cards. Try to find a local Red Cross or Google where to send them.

Wish I would have seen your post before this! We would have loved to get your notecard samples! I teach workshops to kids and adults and we use notecards, greeting cards, etc. Thanks for trying to get your notecards into the hands of those who could "put them to good use"! If you have any cards in the future that you'd like to send us, please do so to: Casey, Earth Inspired Crafts and Education, P O Box 1981, Allen TX 75013-1981. Thanks very, very much.

Where in St Petersburg Florida can I donate old greeting cards?

Any ideas where to donate unused small sympathy, thank you, and "in appreciation" notes with envelopes in boxes? They are from a funeral home that no longer uses these. I also have tons of prayer cards on 8.5 x11 sheets that are 8 up perforated with picture on the front and verse on the back. here are lots of different ones. I hope someone can use these.

The local nursing homes would love them.

Do you collect only the front part of the card or the entire card with writing?

By Paulette from Silver Spring, MD

Where can I take my used Christmas cards locally in the London NW3 area?

By Michael W

https://stjudes  -all-year-round/

They just ask for non Hallmark, American Greeting or Disney. It's 5 by 7 or smaller, fronts only with no markings on the back.

Hope that helps.

PBP

Do I donate only front of card? The inside messages are personal to me.

By Marilyn

I always only donate the front of cards. But if there is a letter or message on the inside of the front that I want to keep, I photocopy or if you have a computer printer with copy feature, use that.

Where are these cards to be mailed and how many can be sent? I currently support St. Jude's with a monthly donation and have an accumulation of cards for various occasions.

By Glenna

Where do I donate greeting cards?

By B Turner