Browsing: Donating Old Greeting Cards

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Donating Old Greeting Cards

Certain charities, schools, and other organizations collect used greeting cards for fundraising activities and crafts. This is a guide about donating old greeting cards.

Greeting Cards
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 11, 2014 Flag

I live in Twickenham TW2 7BS, UK. I am looking for a place to donate used greeting cards. Any suggestions?

By William

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Day cares, children's clubs, and schools sometimes can use them for arts and crafts.

Any nursing home or senior citizen's center

March 31, 2016 Flag

Any ideas where to donate unused small sympathy, thank you, and "in appreciation" notes with envelopes in boxes? They are from a funeral home that no longer uses these. I also have tons of prayer cards on 8.5 x11 sheets that are 8 up perforated with picture on the front and verse on the back. here are lots of different ones. I hope someone can use these.

The local nursing homes would love them.

June 3, 2016 Flag

Where in St Petersburg Florida can I donate old greeting cards?

January 18, 2014 Flag

I have accumulated quite a lot of assorted greeting cards (birthday, get well, etc.) that I can't use, but surely someone can use them. Where can I send them by 3rd of 4th class mail? Thanks.

Anne

Hi Casey, Just checking to be sure you will still be collecting cards in November 2016? I have several large boxes from a lifetime of collecting and don't want to just toss them out. We drive thru Texas at least once per year and will be doing it again in November. We can take a route thru Dallas and your area and drop them off if that will be convenient.

Ahh, at last... Someone I can send my beautiful greeting cards to that can re-purpose them. I've kept & enjoyed them for years but now time to downsize & I hate to toss them into the trash if they can be used somehow. Thank you for the address!! And for not specifying such strict restrictions on brand & size. I'm going through & cutting just the fronts. Some of these are so gorgeous! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Are you still collecting used greeting cards? I live in Florence, KY and hate to toss or recycle these expensive "works of art"!

Any suggestions would be appreciated & thanks!

Linda

Read More Answers...

April 7, 2013 Flag

Does anyone know where I can donate used greeting cards?

By Jaclyn T.

St. Judes has a program. It is wise to visit their site so you know the kind they can't accept, saving them time and you postage. Here is this wonderful program.

http://www.stjudesranch.org/shop/recycled-card-program/

Youe local Senior Center would welcome them.

January 17, 2012 Flag

I am going through my cards new and used ones and want to know if I need to just send the fronts of them or all of the card? I also need to have an address to send them to. Thank you.

By Carolyn from Edgar, NE

Are you a business, using the cards to make money for yourself? You say you are an educator and teach kids, is that your main goal? Just want to know who will benefit from what I donate.

My mother made greeting cards. She passed away in 2008. It's time to let them go. I would like to donate them to a group that could use them to help encourage others. I would like to get a tax deduction if possible. I have 20,000 plus all occasions cards without the envelope. I live in mid Michigan.

Do you just want the front of the cards or the whole card?

Read More Answers...

December 21, 2010 Flag

This is a tip to not only help sick children learn entrepreneurship, but a chance to teach your own children and grandchildren the gift of sharing and caring, particularly here at Christmas time.

St. Jude's Ranch for Children has a Recycled Card Program where the children takes used cards and make new ones; which they then sell on the St. Jude's Ranch website.

The rewards are great. You get satisfaction in knowing the cards are used to help sick children, plus it helps keep your storage area uncluttered. The sick children get satisfaction in taking an old, used card and making it into a brand new one; plus they receive money for their 'work' and they are taught entrepreneurship skills.

All it costs you is the price of mailing. Please consider this possibility when looking for something to entertain and teach your children during this busy Christmas season.

At this time, they are in particular need of Birthday and Thank You cards. Also, you can buy these 'refurbished' cards through their website.

The ladies in my Bible Study group sends many, many cards each year and split the mailing costs. This system works great for my group.

Their website is: Recycled Card Program

By Norma from Parrott, GA

April 27, 2010 Flag

I have a large box of assorted greeting cards and would like to donate them. Could you give me an address to send them too?

By Ginny from Port Townsend, WA

St. Jude's Ranch for Children accepts all types of greeting cards. You can mail your donations to:

St. Jude's Ranch for Children

Recycled Card Program

100 St. Jude's Street

Boulder City, NV 89005

St. Jude's Ranch for Children only needs the fronts of the cards (only send ones that do not have any personal writing on the back). It will also save you in postage.

http://www.stjudesranch.org/help_card.php

Thank you all for your very good suggestions. I have several places I can go to now.

Ginny

Read More Answers...
Load More
Better Living Charity AdviceApril 9, 2013
Finished tile trivet project (square format).
Making a Greeting Card Trivet
Woman Making Greeting Cards With Children
Saving Money on Greeting Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
Making Fall Greeting Cards
Making Fall Birthday and Greeting Cards
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 6:49:57 PM on 10.0.0.66 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.