Donating Old Greeting Cards

Certain charities, schools, and other organizations collect used greeting cards for fundraising activities and crafts. This is a guide about donating old greeting cards.

Greeting Cards
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Any ideas where to donate unused small sympathy, thank you, and "in appreciation" notes with envelopes in boxes? They are from a funeral home that no longer uses these. I also have tons of prayer cards on 8.5 x11 sheets that are 8 up perforated with picture on the front and verse on the back. here are lots of different ones. I hope someone can use these.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The local nursing homes would love them.

I live in Twickenham TW2 7BS, UK. I am looking for a place to donate used greeting cards. Any suggestions?

By William

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Best Answer

Day cares, children's clubs, and schools sometimes can use them for arts and crafts.

Read More Answers...

Does anyone know where I can donate used greeting cards?

By Jaclyn T.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Youe local Senior Center would welcome them.

Read More Answers...

This is a tip to not only help sick children learn entrepreneurship, but a chance to teach your own children and grandchildren the gift of sharing and caring, particularly here at Christmas time.

St. Jude's Ranch for Children has a Recycled Card Program where the children takes used cards and make new ones; which they then sell on the St. Jude's Ranch website.

The rewards are great. You get satisfaction in knowing the cards are used to help sick children, plus it helps keep your storage area uncluttered. The sick children get satisfaction in taking an old, used card and making it into a brand new one; plus they receive money for their 'work' and they are taught entrepreneurship skills.

All it costs you is the price of mailing. Please consider this possibility when looking for something to entertain and teach your children during this busy Christmas season.

At this time, they are in particular need of Birthday and Thank You cards. Also, you can buy these 'refurbished' cards through their website.

The ladies in my Bible Study group sends many, many cards each year and split the mailing costs. This system works great for my group.

Their website is: Recycled Card Program

By Norma from Parrott, GA

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a large box of assorted greeting cards and would like to donate them. Could you give me an address to send them too?

By Ginny from Port Townsend, WA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you all for your very good suggestions. I have several places I can go to now.

Ginny

Read More Answers...

Where can I take my used Christmas cards locally in the London NW3 area?

By Michael W

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

https://stjudesranch.org/recycled-card-program-now-open-all-year-round/

They just ask for non Hallmark, American Greeting or Disney. It's 5 by 7 or smaller, fronts only with no markings on the back.

Hope that helps.

PBP

I have accumulated quite a lot of assorted greeting cards (birthday, get well, etc.) that I can't use, but surely someone can use them. Where can I send them by 3rd of 4th class mail? Thanks.

Anne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We would be delighted to receive your cards! I teach workshops to kids and adults about recycling, and we use greeting cards a lot! If you'd like to help, please send your cards to me at: Casey, Earth Inspired Crafts and Education, P O Box 1981, Allen TX 75013-1981. Thanks very much!

Read More Answers...

I have several cartons of brand new notecards I received as samples from my factory. They are mostly full boxes, still shrinkwrapped. I would like to see them go to good use. I live in Hingham, Massachusetts on the south shore of Boston. Suggestions?

By George

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Wish I would have seen your post before this! We would have loved to get your notecard samples! I teach workshops to kids and adults and we use notecards, greeting cards, etc. Thanks for trying to get your notecards into the hands of those who could "put them to good use"! If you have any cards in the future that you'd like to send us, please do so to: Casey, Earth Inspired Crafts and Education, P O Box 1981, Allen TX 75013-1981. Thanks very, very much.

Read More Answers...

I am going through my cards new and used ones and want to know if I need to just send the fronts of them or all of the card? I also need to have an address to send them to. Thank you.

By Carolyn from Edgar, NE

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am an environmental educator and would love to have your cards for the workshops I teach to kids, from preschool to high school. I can use the entire card, including the saying inside, which we use for multiple purposes. Also, I can really use everyday cards such as birthday, anniversary, get-well, etc. If you'd like to help, please send your cards to: Earth Inspired Crafts, P. O. Box 1981, Allen, TX 75013-1981. Thanks so much!

Read More Answers...

Do I donate only front of card? The inside messages are personal to me.

By Marilyn

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I always only donate the front of cards. But if there is a letter or message on the inside of the front that I want to keep, I photocopy or if you have a computer printer with copy feature, use that.

I found a way to help my school, recycle, and make a child smile. I received a box full of old Christmas cards. Since most of them had been written on, I decided to fold them in half and glue them down. I passed them on to the librarian at the school where I work. Since they are in different sizes, the kids love them from kindergarten to 5th grade. I can also do this with old greeting cards for other holidays.

By Jetruth from Waterloo, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Better Living Charity AdviceApril 9, 2013
    Finished tile trivet project (square format).
    Making a Greeting Card Trivet
    Woman Making Greeting Cards With Children
    Saving Money on Greeting Cards
    Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
    Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
    Making Fall Greeting Cards
    Making Fall Birthday and Greeting Cards
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 30, 2016 at 6:09:39 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 424 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.