Jammed Drive Wheel on a Kenmore Ultra-Stitch 12

My drive wheel on my Kenmore ultra 12 stitch has jammed. I can not turn the wheel anymore than a quarter or a turn. What would cause this to happen? How do I fix it so the sewing machine will sew again?

Rhonda from Manhattan, KS

My Kenmore is over 30 years old and I have no idea what model it is, but it used to jam all the time and it was in the bobbin housing. Can't tell you how many times I've had to take that thing apart in the middle of a project. It seems to be very sensitive until you get the bobbin adjusted to the type of fabric and thread you're using. I eventually learned to practice on a scrap piece of the fabric first. This may or may not be the problem you're describing, but hope it helps.

Do you have an owner's manual? Check it out! There is usually a diagram with all the parts labelled. Many machines especially older ones, are belt driven. The belt could be stretched or worn. Have u tried contacting Kenmore(Sears) service department by email or check for a website.

Thank You for your help

I have taken the machine apart and have finally determined that I will have to take it to Sears for repair. I almost took the entire machine apart to check each component and still did not get the wheel to turn....I am baffled

Once again thanks

There is probably something jammed in the bobbin case . Take it apart and clean out the lint, loose threads and broken needle pieces, etc.

Sewing Machine
Repairing a Kenmore Ultra Stitch Sewing Machine
Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesJuly 21, 2007
Wagon Wheel Doily
Making a Wagon Wheel Doily
Father teaching his son to drive
Teaching a Teen to Drive
Driving on Snowy Roads, Cars driving on a snowy road.
Driving on Snowy Roads
Kenmore Refrigerator
Kenmore Refrigerator Not Cooling
🎉
🎄