White Stains Appearing

I have started having white marks/stains on all my dark colored polyester pants and most tops. The marks are all over the clothes; back, sleeves, etc. (not underarm). They look similar to the white stains you see from salt on things during the winter (except they aren't powdery like that) or a little like burns from an iron (although not shiny). I thought they might be from my dryer sheets so I tried using liquid fabric softener tonight, but they were still there after the clothes dried.

The only way I have been able to get rid of them, temporarily, so I can wear the clothes, is to use the kind of stain remover that you spray on, blot with a cloth, and don't wash off. But, after I wash the clothes again, the marks come back.

I use liquid detergent (All) and a cap of liquid Calgon for hard water. I usually use dryer sheets. This has become very frustrating and I joined here in hopes that someone in this community might have an idea of what I could do to fix this problem permanently.

Thanks!
Laurel from Kokomo, IN

It really sounds like fabric softener stains. I had a problem with the fabric softener dispenser on my washing machine. It was clogged up and not working right. It would leave stains like that on my clothes. I followed the manufacturers instructions for taking apart and cleaning the agitator, and it solved the problem. Good luck!

Try using a cup of vinegar in the rinse water. It could be that there is soap left in your clothes and vinegar would solve the problem. Good Luck.

To anyone else with this problem -- Joankay's suggestion about the vinegar worked wonderfully. No more frustrating laundry!

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsDecember 19, 2006
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
White cat looking up at the camera.
Removing Tear Stains on White Cats
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 4:01:31 PM on 10.0.0.42 in 952 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.