Slow Cooker Roast Beef Recipes

I am looking for a recipe for slow cooker roast beef. Thank you.

By Noellel from White Rock, BC, CA

Hello, Noellel. I really don't have a "recipe" for slow cooker roast, it's rather a "method", but it's easy and delicious!

I usually start out with a a box (about 32 ounces) of Swanson brand beef broth and a 2.5 to 3.5 pound shoulder or arm beef chuck roast. (Swanson's broth is my favorite and is, IMHO, much less salty than many other broth brands. If you make homemade beef broth, by all means, use it instead.)

Poor the liquid beef broth into the crock pot.

2-3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce (depending on roast size)

2-3 Tablespoons of Dijon style mustard (brown or yellow will work, too)

1 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes - or less (your preference, but do add at least 1/2 teaspoon, it won't turn out too spicy hot, just with a bit of interesting added flavor)

1 Teaspoon (or up to 2 teaspoons if you love it) minced garlic

1 Teaspoon of prepared horseradish (or none if you hate it, but it adds flavor more than an identifiable, single ingredient)

1 white or yellow onion (peeled and cut into eight wedges)

2 peeled and roughly chopped carrots or about 8 baby carrots each cut in half

Stir well.

Lightly rub 2 T to 1/4 cup of EVOO on all sides of roast then lightly season all sides of the roast with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.

Gently place roast in bottom of crock pot, (pushing onions and carrots off to the sides or on top of the meat.) If necessary, add only enough water to cover and gently stir with the broth.

Put lid on crock pot and set at lowest temperature with longest cook time (10 - 12 hours) and leave it alone til the timer goes off.

Take the meat out of the crock pot when timer goes off and let set for at least five minutes. Then you can either strain the veggies from the broth or puree them with the broth in a blender to either make a broth style dip to to moisten the meat or a brown gravy, to use with the meat and/or other vegetables (potatoes/cabbage/turnips, for example) at serving time.

This method almost always makes the meat turn out delightful and fork tender. The leftovers are great for Sloppy Joe style or BBQ sauce smothered, meat sandwiches or can be used as a meat base for noodle, dumpling, barley or vegetable soups as well as mustard, ketchup, or mayo slathered sandwiches for the next few days. Enjoy.

Hope this helps and happy eats! :-)

My family loves this one and it's super easy!

Lightly spray inside of crockpot with nonstick spray. Cut 5lbs of chuck roast and 2 lbs of potatoes into large pieces. Coursely chop one onion and 1/4 cup butter. Add this and a bag of baby carrots to the pot. Sprinkle 5 T of flour and salt/pepper (to taste)on top. Gently pour in 1/2 cup milk and enough Dr. Pepper so that you can just see it along the sides of the crockpot. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.

I use the cheapest cut of roast. The crock pot will have it tender. Coat with flour and brown on both sides. I cut up an onion ,potatoes and baby carrots and let them sear in the skillet after I take out the roast. Add roast and vegetables to crock pot with a can of cream of mushroom soup, a pack of dry onion soup mix , water and seasonings you wish. I also pour in some worchestershire sauce. I usually put mine on in the morning before work and cook on low all day to be ready for supper.

I always use rump roast. It's extremely lean and becomes so tender, it just falls apart. I place it in the crock pot and sprinkle one envelope of Lipton's onion soup mix and two cans of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup over it. I let it cook for about eight hours on low, but the time can vary, depending on the size of the roast. It turns out perfect every time. Good luck!

This is the only recipe I use. A favorite of my family and at my reunions.

Roast beef to die for.

Any size, any kind roast roast you choose (I've used up to 8 pounds - I have a large crock pot)

1 packet of brown gravy mix - the dry kind

1 packet of Italian Salad Dressing Mix - the dry kind

1 packet of Ranch Salad Dressing Mix - the dry kind

Mix all together and shake/distribute on top of the meat.

Then pour 3/4 cup of water around the meat.

Cook on low for 7-9, depending on size of roast.

You won't be able to get this out of the crock pot with a fork. It literally falls apart, and the flavor is out of this world!! Enjoy!

Cream of celery added will add good flavor also.

Roast and vegetables in crockpot.
Crockpot Roast Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats BeefFebruary 28, 2011
Slow Cooker
Converting Recipes for a Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker Potato Recipes
Crockpot Pork Roast
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipes