Removing Diesel Fuel Smell from Clothing

I need to clean some clothes that have some diesel fuel on them. Thanks.

By Bill from Flat River Desloge

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

I Soaked jeans that diesel had spilled on in a bucket with Downy fabric softer for 2 hrs, and then washed normally and the smell was gone.

Best Answer

My husband has worked on aircraft fuel tanks for years. He comes home reeking of the JP-8 jet fuel that he gets exposed to. I'm extremely allergic to any kind of scented products so I had to find a way to remove the smell from his clothes without using more chemicals. Get ready, it's the simplest thing and it always works.

I put everything he wears including underwear and socks that reek of jet fuel in the sun! Sometimes it can take from a few days to a week, but it always works. The sun's rays just bake the smell out. Make sure you get all areas exposed to the sun and turn inside out as well.

What about in grey, rainy Western Washington winter weather? There's no sun to bake anything.

Best Answer

I used to use pinesol in the wash to remove diesel.

THE THING THAT WORKS BEST IS WASH AS USUAL AND PUT WHITE VINEGAR IN THE RINSE CYCLE, IT WORKS, HAVE USED IT FOR YEARS FOR ALL KINDS OF ODORS EVEN DOG URINE.... TRUST ME

Answer

Work Clothing
Removing Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Odors From Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceApril 18, 2011
work boots
Removing Diesel Fuel from Shoes and Boots
man servicing a semi truck
Cleaning Diesel Fuel on Concrete
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
cleaning a car interior
Cleaning Diesel Fuel Odors From Inside a Car
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 10:05:46 AM on 10.0.2.204 in 542 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.