Hand Lotion for Hair Static

My daughter has thin hair that is always full of static. I have found the best way to keep it under control when we are away from home. I keep a small tube of hand lotion in my purse. When her hair starts "fly away", I rub lotion into my hands, then onto her hair. It keep the frizzes down for a while and moistens my hands too!

By Melissa from Arizona

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Rather than using lotion, fill a small tube/bottle with a thinned out with water amount of clarifying condition. Then you know it will come out of her hair easily.

I know it USED to be the think back about 30-50 years ago to spuff up babies hair with lotion after their baths, BUT cradle cap and other things are reminders of what would happen. Also, washing your hair more than once a week was totally frowned on. Suave was the only product to use than. The name meant a female hair dressing.

BEST thing is keep a static cling dryer sheet in your purse-just one swoop of it over the hair keeps it from becoming static and in the mosquito days it also keeps them away as well. You can also get organic ones but for the most part they are very safe - i mean people do us eit on their clothes to keep static away. It will keep your purse fresh too :)

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips TipsFebruary 12, 2009
lotion bottle
Getting All the Lotion Out of a Bottle
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 10, 2016 at 8:46:15 AM on 10.0.2.149 in 527 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.