Keep Kitty Litter Smelling Fresh

To keep cat litter fresh smelling, mix baby powder in with the litter.

Source: A friend

By atinap from Drummondville, QC

Do NOT use baby powder that has talc in it! And this goes for people, too:

I sprinkle baking soda in the litter boxes.

I checked with my Vet and he said use baking soda instead. Baby powder not good for cats to inhale or lick off their feet. I use baking soda and it works. I have 5 litter boxes.

December 7, 2009 Flag

To make our kitties kitty litter last longer and to keep that clean, fresh smell around longer, I mix baby powder in with the litter.

By Marnita from Cumming, GA

Keep Kitty Litter Smelling Fresh

Baking soda also works, and doesn't have any scent that a cat might be sensitive to. (07/10/2006)

By Ree 127

Keep Kitty Litter Smelling Fresh

I use Arm and Hammer litter freshener. It is by far the best thing I have ever tried and my very fussy cats actually like the fresh clean scent it has. I had a male cat at one time with very strong smelling urine and it worked even on that! Just use according to the directions. I sprinkle a little every day when I scoop. Almost like not having a litter box in the house any more! Of course the kind of cat litter you use makes a BIG difference as well. (07/10/2006)

By michellejones3

Keep Kitty Litter Smelling Fresh

You might want to consider switching to the baking soda, the baby powder is made up of very fine particles and is not good for your cats to inhale, although I bet it does smell nice. (07/11/2006)

By Justanothercowgirl

Cat in Litter Box
Preventing Litter Box Odors
Pets Pet OdorsDecember 7, 2009
Kitty Litter Substitute
Kitty Litter Substitutes
Black cat in a litter box.
Kitty Litter Tips and Tricks
Litter Training a Hamster
Litter Training a Hamster
Cat Litter
Alternative Uses for Cat Litter