Can I Use Homemade Fabric Softener to Make Dryer Sheets?

I have read the posts on how to make your own fabric softener. Can you then, instead of putting it in on the rinse cycle make your own sheets as others have recommended and use the homemade softener on a sheet in the dryer? I always forget the rinse cycle. Thanks.

By Lorrie from OH

Anonymous

You sure can. Just soak several small thin fabric squares the size of regular dryer sheets in the full solution, wring out, hang and allow to air dry. That will be great because that fabric can be re-saturated and used over and over again. :-)

You can keep a sponge in the solution and just squeeze it out and throw it in the dryer with your clothes.This works just like a dryer sheet.

I have used the fabric in the dryer when it was still wet with the fabric softner. Just wring out the fabric so that it is just damp. I used to keep a piece of towel and a jar of fabric softener on my dryer.

You can also use some inexpensive hair conditioner. I just grab the largest bottle at the dollar store. Use a clean cloth or rag, wet and squirt a bit of conditioner on it. Throw it into the dryer and try with your clothes. I have used this several times when I have been out of dryer sheets or don't want to spend the money on dryer sheets.

I've read to use either clothes or inexpensive sponges cut in half. You can water down liquid softener in a bucket and leave sponges in there. Wring them out and use in dryer.

Time how long it takes your washer to reach the final rinse cycle (usually about 20 minutes) and set your cell phone or microwave timer to alarm in 20 minutes, reminding you to put in the fabric softener.

Anonymous

I always set my timer I use in kitchen,I don't have a cell phone.