Runza Casserole

This recipe was given to me by my husband's best friend from when we were in high school. Anybody that lives in Nebraska is familiar with Runza fast food restaurants. They are our absolute favorite and every time we are there we go! When I saw that our friend, Jessie, had the recipe posted on Facebook, I asked for it. Apparently it was one of his mother's recipes when she was alive. So thank you, Jessie, for the recipe. One of the best I've ever tried! Tastes very much like a Runza!

• 2 lb. ground beef
  • 2 tubes crescent rolls
  • 1 bag (about 6 cups) shredded cabbage
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • Ad
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 cups shredded cheese

Directions:

Brown beef, onion and cabbage. Drain and season as desired. Return to pan; add soup and heat through. Lightly grease 9x13 inch glass dish. Roll out crescent rolls on bottom of pan. Then put a layer of beef, then layer of cheese, then rest of beef, then rest of cheese. Unroll last tube of rolls and lay over the top to seal. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Remove; let stand 10 minutes before serving.

By Robin from Washington, Iowa

If you like Bierocks this is a quick and easy substitute made casserole style.

Photo of a homemade hot pocket.
Runza (Hot Pocket) Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesJanuary 21, 2010
Bean and Cornbread Casserole
Bean and Cornbread Casserole Recipes
Chicken Cheese Casserole
Chicken Cheese Casserole Recipes
Carrot Casserole
Carrot Casserole Recipes
🎉
🎄