CatsPets

Temperament of Female Cats vs. Male Cats

Why are female cats so temperamental and so much different than male cats?

By Barb

I found this to be true. I've had female cats and male cats, and by far male cats have been friendlier (when neutered). Female cats I find are more loners then male cats, while male cats generally make better lap cats and love other cats better. My female cat is more aloof, loves to chirp, loves to go outside on the balcony, and roll in the sun. She comes by for some affection, and pets. But my orange cat who's male is very friendly, can be manhandled and doesn't really care. He loves to sleep in shoe boxes and generally tolerates my dog better. He also really loves being rubbed on the belly.

Duh! Males of all species are different than females. Hormones make a difference even if they are spayed. I have 4 female cats and they are all different from each other, too. Some are more aggressive, others more passive. I don't know if we'll ever be able to figure this one out.

I don't know, though i've had both male and female cats and dogs it seems the males were more affectionate and protective than the females.

Though i have 3 female dogs now and they're all sweet, good natured and protective. My females would protect if ever needed, my males would stop the threat. I'm 4'11 and learning how to walk again so i'm always a little more cautious than i use to be.

I can't remember the last time i even had a female cat but the last 3 cats i had were male and very affectionate. What's that old saying that you can be the best owner in the world but if your neighbor feeds your cat better food, you become history and get visitation in between feedings.

i don't know, though I've had both male and female cats and dogs it seems the males were more affectionate and protective than the females.

Though I have 3 female dogs now and they're all sweet, good natured and protective. My females would protect if ever needed, my males would stop the threat. I'm 4'11 and learning how to walk again so I'm always a little more cautious than I use to be.

I can't remember the last time I even had a female cat but the last 3 cats I had were male and very affectionate. What's that old saying that you can be the best owner in the world but if your neighbor feeds your cat better food, you become history and get visitation in between feedings.

I NEVER HAD A CLUE!!!!! I have always got males to be playmates to my female Australian Sheperd cause just thinking they would be "tough" & no worry of having kittens. Always, always had the perfect outcome with this mix, even found myself getting attached to them, friendly & the last one was soooo affectionate to me, they all had just fun, wonderful personalities!!! Well the last deal, guess its my own fault for not looking & checking closely enough, but not really cuz they knew I wanted another male (same ppl I got my last kitten from), which I gave a home to as a favor for them!!! Long story short, I got a freaking female instead.......its a NIGHTMARE FROM HELL!!!!! Only its worse because I had got married prior to acquiring this winch, my husband really likes it & has had her spayed, shots, everything (except NOT declawed), buys her "treats" & all. This IS NOT working out & only been 9-10 months. And I guess what makes it worse is that I lost my lil girl Sky, in July at the age of 13.

Pets CatsSeptember 27, 2011
Mallard Duck swimming in a lake.
Mallard Duck Information and Photos
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Ragamuffin
Ragamuffin Breed Information and Photos
Burmese
Burmese - Breed Information and Photos
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 22, 2017 at 9:10:54 AM on 10.0.1.236 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.