Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Temperament of Female Cats vs. Male Cats

0EmailPrintFollowSave
Cat sitting by a window.

Why are female cats so temperamental and so much different than male cats?

By Barb

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Lisa H. 5 09/28/2011 Flag

I found this to be true. I've had female cats and male cats, and by far male cats have been friendlier (when neutered). Female cats I find are more loners then male cats, while male cats generally make better lap cats and love other cats better. My female cat is more aloof, loves to chirp, loves to go outside on the balcony, and roll in the sun. She comes by for some affection, and pets. But my orange cat who's male is very friendly, can be manhandled and doesn't really care. He loves to sleep in shoe boxes and generally tolerates my dog better. He also really loves being rubbed on the belly.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sharon 27 126 09/28/2011 Flag

Duh! Males of all species are different than females. Hormones make a difference even if they are spayed. I have 4 female cats and they are all different from each other, too. Some are more aggressive, others more passive. I don't know if we'll ever be able to figure this one out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By CaroleeRose 58 118 09/28/2011 Flag

I don't know, though i've had both male and female cats and dogs it seems the males were more affectionate and protective than the females.

Though i have 3 female dogs now and they're all sweet, good natured and protective. My females would protect if ever needed, my males would stop the threat. I'm 4'11 and learning how to walk again so i'm always a little more cautious than i use to be.

I can't remember the last time i even had a female cat but the last 3 cats i had were male and very affectionate. What's that old saying that you can be the best owner in the world but if your neighbor feeds your cat better food, you become history and get visitation in between feedings.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By CaroleeRose 58 118 09/28/2011 Flag

i don't know, though I've had both male and female cats and dogs it seems the males were more affectionate and protective than the females.

Though I have 3 female dogs now and they're all sweet, good natured and protective. My females would protect if ever needed, my males would stop the threat. I'm 4'11 and learning how to walk again so I'm always a little more cautious than I use to be.

I can't remember the last time I even had a female cat but the last 3 cats I had were male and very affectionate. What's that old saying that you can be the best owner in the world but if your neighbor feeds your cat better food, you become history and get visitation in between feedings.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes