Christmas "Tea Party" with Donut Hole Tree

At a recent family party, I treated the children with a "tea party" with hot chocolate and donut holes.

I decorated a four foot long table with a decorative Christmas tablecloth; the centerpiece was a donut hole tree constructed from a styrofoam cone covered in parchment paper and the donut holes were secured with toothpicks, to fill in the extra spaces on the donut hole tree, strawberries were placed to fill in the gaps.

The donut hole tree was placed on a silver snowflake tray that had candy sprinkles on the bottom; the donut hole tree bottom was lined with chocolate covered strawberries.

Decorations also included Christmas teapots filled with water. An electric tea kettle was filled with water to prepare the hot chocolate for the children (the hot tea kettle was placed at the back of the table to prevent burns to the children); the electric tea kettle was surrounded by Christmas decoration.

I used sturdy Christmas paper cups which were lined up behind snowman cups of chocolate spoons (plastic spoons dipped in melted chocolate almond bark and allowed to dry) and peppermint sticks dipped in chocolate almond bark.

I had chairs arranged in a circle in front of the Christmas Hot Chocolate Tea Party table for the children to enjoy their hot chocolate and donut holes.

This "tea party" was such a whimsical treat for the little girls in our family and will be a special memory for me.

By WandaJo from Tennessee

Christmas Tea Party
Christmas Tea Party Tips
Holidays and Parties Christmas Hosting TipsDecember 22, 2009
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing a Hole in Drywall
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree