FrugalGifts

Gift Idea: Movie Party in a Bag

With but a few dollars to spend, I hand painted canvas bags and filled them with popcorn, candy and our local video store coupons for free movie or two. They loved it with these busy times. It's hard to get together.

Source: I thought of it last year while painting a bag I didn't want to give it empty.

By Pollywon from Jacksonville, FL

I really love this idea and am giving this gift for a friend's birthday. I found an independent documentary on DVD at the Salvation Army, which is hard to find so my friend will love this. I got candy and popcorn at the dollar store and will make some hot cocoa mix, too. It's a very thoughtful idea, and I think any movie buff would love this.

The holidays are coming and everybody could use inexpensive gift ideas. A "Movie Party in a Bag" is an inexpensive present that is fun! Get a gift card from a movie rental place and get a plain gift bag from a craft store to decorate yourself. Put a bottle of soda in the bag, along with microwave popcorn, treats (homemade or store bought), and tie the gift card to the bag. TA-DA! Party in a bag! You could personalize it by finding out the recipient's favorite soda and treats. All this could be put together for about $10.00 - $15.00 for one person - it could be a bigger party in a bag for an entire family for not much more.

By Marie from Idaho Falls, Idaho

Answers:

Gift Idea: Movie Party in a Bag

This is a pretty cool idea! You could even buy an inexpensive or used movie that the person can keep. Might be a bit more expensive, but combines the experience idea with a lasting gift. Or movie merchandise, if the person likes that kind of stuff, homemade or bought. Great idea! (11/07/2008)

By Hyena Cub