Personalized Hand Towels

Cheap and easy Christmas gift. Take a new hand towel and some scrap fabric. Sew the scrap fabric to the hand towel and you have a personalized gift. This came about because I was too cheap to buy a Thomas the Train towel for my son. Now I can make one for everyone on my list using hand towels and bath towels and personalizing them to whatever "theme" each person is into or things they collect. Great for when you find towels on sale and only have a little bit of that special fabric.

By Jennifer from Riverview, FL

Thoms the Train towel.

I really like this idea. but I don't have a sewing machine.. any suggestions on making it with out sewing ??

If you know they are not going to be used and only for show, you could try the glues that say they are okay to wash and won't wash out; I would try one before I gave it away though. You could just as well hand sew the fabric on. Just press the edges under and make small stitches using thread matching the towel.

If you check at garage sales lots of times there are used sewing machines, try to find a Singer, Viking or Husqvarna. They are good machines and can be worked on by most any sewing machine shop. A good cleaning is all most of them need. In Nebraska one can be bought for $25 or less. You might be able to barter with the owner, maybe offer to do something you are good at, or mending once you get the machine. Make sure she is willing to let you see it run. Avoid newer ones with lots of computer chips if they are cheap, most likely they have major problems. Have fun.

Lavender towel gift set.
Towel Gift Ideas
Crafts GiftsDecember 16, 2008
bride and groom cookies
Buying Personalized Wedding Favors
personalized coffee mugs
Making Personalized Mugs
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent