Squirrel Repellents

What smell do squirrels hate?

By Kenzie

First forget using mothballs. They don't work period. I have a hav a heart trap that I bait with seeds. When I catch one I transport some distance away and release it. You won't be able to get rid of them all but you can controll the population. I bought thetrap at my local hardware store.

Squirrels, like most animals, hate the smell of a burning house or building. The dense acrid smoke makes it difficult for them to breathe. The heat of the fire also causes them to flee.

Who doesn't hate the smell of a burning house! Not really an option . I want to get them out of my walls at the cottage, I like the cottage. It seems real drastic to light it on fire!!! :)