Easy Dark Cherries and Ice Cream

This is a summertime favorite at our house and so easy to prepare!

• 1 can (15 oz.) of pitted dark cherries
  • 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • Ad
  • 2 Tbsp. of brandy if you have it on hand
  • 1 tsp. cornstarch
  • vanilla ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt

Drain the juice from 15 oz. can of dark pitted cherries into a small pan or skillet. Stir in the brown sugar and the cornstarch. Use a whisk to blend well. Bring this to a boil and add your cherries, stir to coat the cherries with mixture. Take your pan off the heat and add 2 Tbsp. of brandy. Brandy is optional. I have made it both ways. Return to heat and cook for a minute. Serve over any flavor of ice cream. I have served it over vanilla and chocolate chip ice cream, the added bits of chocolate are very good with the dark cherry sauce.

Source: This is a family favorite which I have had for many years. It was one my husbands family had when he was growing up, usually after Sunday dinner.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts Fruit DessertsJune 23, 2008
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
Frozen cherries.
Freezing Cherries