Non-greasy Hand Lotion for Crafters

I do lots of needle work by hand, but have extra rough and dry hands. I need to find something to soften them (even threads snag on them) while I sew, but not leave greasy/oily spots on my projects. Any suggestions?

By Nelwyn from Bunkie, LA

Have you tried the Satin Hands set from Mary Kay? Please don't think I'm trying to solicit your business (I am a Mary Kay consultant in Tennessee :), but I have had very good luck with that particular product. I sell it to several men as well, who like the fact that it is not greasy. Absorbs very nicely, plus gets rid of dry skin with the scrub step. Just a thought! You can go to MaryKay.com and search by your zip code for a local consultant.

Olive oil is very good hands !I also use vaseline. After a few minutes, it's soaked into the skin. There's lot of lotions online, but I would not pay the price they ask! Good luck.

Since I am a potter & work with clay, my hands are always super dry. There are many lotions out there that work, but I wanted to let you in on something that will take away the roughness & get your hands to absorb the lotion.

You simply pour about a tablespoon of any cooking oil into your hands & rub this all over the back & fronts of your hands. Next add a handful of plain table sugar & scrub your hands with this oil & sugar mix for a minute or two. Be sure to go over the rough areas really well. Lastly, add several drops of dish liquid to the oil & sugar, & mix the dish-soap into the oils really well. Now simply rinse this off of your hands & you will not believe how soft your hands will feel!

Also, I use Dawn hand renewel dish soap. This stuff is simply amazing!

To get & keep your hands super-soft use Frizz-eze or Citre-shine hair serum. Be sure to read the ingredients. The first (& MAIN) ingredient should be Dimethicone or a Silicone along with a scent & 1 or 2 other things. The way you know you have the right product: the last part of the first ingredient will have "cone" at the end.of the word (as in CimetaCONE DimethiCONE & silicone).

After you do the sugar scrub above, use 2 or 3 drops of this amazing stuff (the hair serum made for frizzy hair) on your hands & rub it in. It will amaze you how well this works! It may take 5 minutes, but all of it will all soak in... I have naturally-curly hair that tends to frizz, so one day I thought, why not use the nearly pure Dimethicone that is in my hair serum on my hands, since all the hand creams these days put a siicone-based ingredient in them to hold moisture in & this hair serum works wonderfully, it's simply amazing! Take it from someone who handles clay all day, you won't be disappointed!

Write me here on ThriftyFun & let me know how the sugar scrub & the hair serum works for you!

-------------------------------------

PS. Yes! That Satin Hands set from Mary Kay DOES work wonders! You won't be disappointed!

But the sugar scrub is free, so give it a try too! And you can't go wrong with the hair serum. It's will give your hair a wonderful shine along with helping keep moisture in your skin. You can use it by itself or add a drop or two along with any hand or body lotion.

The best I have found was "Walgreens" brand Advanced Care. It is fragrance free. It is only $.99 per 2.5 oz. tube. (bottom to cap is 6") It can easily fit right into your purse... And I hate greasy lotion!

Aveeno works really well. I use that when I am going to be typing for extended periods. It does not leave any greasy residue on my keyboard.

Udderly Smooth can be found in the foot care area & any St. Ives lotion. I've seen Bag Balm at knitting stores it may be too greasy unless it absorbs into the skin well.

Consumer Advice Product FinderFebruary 28, 2010
lotion bottle
Getting All the Lotion Out of a Bottle
Shaving Supplies
Homemade Aftershave Lotion
Skin Lotion
Finding Water Based Skin Lotion
🎉
🎄