Robbie and Peanut (Poodle and Terrier)

In the photo, Robbie is 10 months and Peanut is 16 years. Robbie is a Poodle and Peanut is a Terrier. Robbie was given to me in 2006 when he was about 6 months old. The family had too many dogs, and had to let at least one go. Robbie was the last one they had acquired, and that is the reason he was given to me.

Peanut was 8 1/2 years old when I got her in February, 2000. The people who had her were the second owners and were living in a travel trailer, so she was tied to a dog house, outside in the rain. They advertised her on a board at the animal shelter. My friend saw it and called me. My dog had been hit by a car and killed in December. We went to see her, and I couldn't resist.

Robbie likes to chase balls, and go for walks. He also loves his toys. Peanut used to chase anything that I would throw. Recently, she hurt her hip and has slowed down due to that and age. She still likes to go for walks. Peanut has been one of the most feisty dogs that I have ever owned. Even now, she is certain that she can whip any dog that crosses her. When she gets mad, her eyes flash. She understands nearly everything that I tell her to do. She has been an amazing little dog, and I dread the time that she goes to doggy heaven.

Robbie has been difficult to train due to having no training before I got him. He is learning, though, and is a sweetheart. I call him VELCRO because he is stuck to the back of my legs, every step I take. He loves most people. When my friend, or my son, comes over, he is immediately on their lap, staring into their faces.

By Barbara from Oroville, CA

omg that is sooooooooooooo adorable! (smiles) heres my boy david we just adopted this winter....

They seem to be the best of friends, and I know you hope you have them both a long, long time. Give them both a big hug and kiss for me.

They're adorable. I love small dogs. They're smart and hardy and portable! Your Peanut looks a lot like my Tevja, a purebred Lakeland terrier who lived 18-1/2 years. He did have arthritis in his hips the last few years, and glucosamine/chondroitin did the trick for him. We both took it. I got the kind that's powder in gelatin capsules and just sprinkled it on his food. He was very devoted to me and I still miss him dearly. He and Robbie look like the very best of friends.

Photos Pets DogsMarch 26, 2007
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Poodle Skirt
Making a Poodle Skirt
Poodle Breed Information and Photos
Poodle Breed Information and Photos
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes