Help Kids Match Clothes with Photos

My 4 and 5 year olds pick out their own school clothes after I used this tip and are always in matching outfits. Before school started this year, we played model and took a photo of them in each outfit. Now they just look for the outfit they want in their albums and know what they can wear with what.

By Randa from San Marcos, TX

That sounds like a great idea. My 6 yr. old is SOOO hard to get dressed. She has this issue, which a lot of parents have told me is "normal" and the doctor said it's a phase, where she can't have anything touching her arms i.e. tight sleeves and she can't have her pants come up too high(she calls them granny pants thanks to her older sister) or too low(then underwear bothers her) or be tight on her "peep"(down there). So jeans are out, same with most pants except some cotten ones, she loves dresses, but only if they are cotten and don't touch her arm too mch.mand hates tights, so winter is hard. She is the sweetest girl ever other than the clothing issue and she tells me she doesn't want to upset me but she just really can't take it. Maybe if I try the picture thing that would help. thanks! Oh, if anyone has a child that has similiar stories, I would love to hear them. Thanks

My 4 yr old grandson said on pre school days when he has to get dressed, he wanted his own dressing room. I just hung up a sheet in a corner and he thinks it's so neat. He takes 10 minutes, mind you ,getting out of his PJ's and into his choice of clothes but then he goes in to fix his hair and brush his teeth then says ok, I'm out of my dressing room. Maybe for girls if you did that somewhere in the corner of there room and put a little table in there with a mirror and brush it would help.

When my daughter was little I teamed up outfits in the drawer and she liked that. I always put 2 shirts to one skirt of shorts etc, so she felt she had a choice.

This is a very smart idea. This is what they use for fashion shows so all the right shoes, accessories, etc. go with an outfit. I also saw an actress did this when she travels so that her assistant knew exactly what to pack for her. Ahh to have an actual assistant!

This is a great idea. It helps them become independent and they learn to make choices of their own.

Photo of kids clothing in a closet.
Organizing Kids Clothes
Parenting School ClothesSeptember 19, 2008
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
A sewing machine foot with pink thread sewing pink fabric.
Learning How to Sew
painting a dresser
Painting Furniture to Match Your Decor
Diagram of how to make a clothes pin rocking chair.
Making a Clothes Pin Chair
🎄