Use Duvets to Pad Older Mattresses

My mum gave me this idea. I have 5 children and 4 of them were sleeping on hard mattresses where you could feel the springs. Over the years I have accumulated double duvets. Not sure if you call them the same in the US, perhaps divans? Any way the things you put covers on to sleep under, you know what I mean!

As I couldn't afford to replace the mattresses, my mum suggested I fold the double duvets in two and lay them over each mattress (in effect a nice thick mattress topper), then make the beds as usual. It has worked a treat, no expense, just used stuff I had stored in the roof . My kids all get a better night sleep now!

By Sarah from Somerset UK

Great idea! Any way that we can all save and make something last a little longer is priceless these days. Thanks for sharing!

Hi, Sarah.

Yes, duvets are called duvets in some areas of the US. We also call them comforters.

And I wish I'd thought to post this idea!

Better Living Frugal Living TipsMarch 3, 2009
Mouse Pad
Cleaning a Mouse Pad
Repairing an Air Mattress
Repairing an Air Mattress
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
Uses for Foam Mattresses
Uses for Foam Mattresses
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 21, 2016 at 9:52:14 AM on 10.0.1.118 in 987 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.