Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party Ideas

I am praying for help planning my Christian daughter's sweet 16 party. We are 2,000 miles away from our home visiting family for the next 4 months, so none of my daughter's friends will be attending. It will only be family. There will be 60 guests. Please help!

By Gail from Cheyenne, WY

I'm not sure what you're looking for because you don't give a lot of info. There are a lot of party planning websites, and of course Martha Stewart's website is good for general party ideas.

You can find some good ideas at How To Do Things.com - check out their Sweet 16 article at howtodothings.com/food-and-drink/a2825-how-to-throw-a-sweet-16-birthday-party-.html. Their biggest tip - check with your daughter to see what she wants to do. :) Good luck!

I saw a great Sweet 16 party on "The Cake Boss" program on TLC channel on cable. The daughter was a Catholic girl and they were proud Italian family. Nothing Risque was important. They made a Hollywood kind of theme with spotlights, movie markers, and stuff. Old movies were being played that the daughter liked (like old beach bingo movies, Sandra Day movies, and stuff like that) and the cake, of course, was absolutely beautiful.

My friend did more than that for her daughter on the same theme. There was dancing and musical games and other party games for the teens and for the grown ups there was a great time catching up with one another. Go to a recycled Auto Parts store and get a bunch of big van bench seats and make wooden things to hold them upright and space them out for the kids to sit on and watch the movies on a big screen TV or projector screen. There was a caterer on the TV show party, but my friend had just a home done buffet and had bought movie style popcorn boxes from Oriental Trading website and rented a big old popcorn popper and let the kids help themselves.

The TV show party had all kinds of great sweets, but I loved the cookies the best. They made star cookies with the girl's name on them and bundled them 6 to a mesh bag and they were not only a sweet treat, but a party favor as well. Both the TV program party and the party by my friend were excellent times and it all stemmed from the daughter's love of glitz and glam of Hollywood style. Hope this helps! Have a great time and enjoy yourself, too. This is, after all, a landmark for you as well as for your daughter.

Cupcakes for a sweet 16 birthday party.
Sweet 16 Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJanuary 3, 2011
A 16 year old girl holding a cake at her birthday with friends.
16th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Two young girls in masquerade masks at a party
Sweet 16 Masquerade Party Ideas
🎉
🎄