Mold on a Leather Jacket

Can you get mold off of leather? My husband has a leather jacket that sustained water damage and is now moldy in some places. This leather jacket means a lot to him and I would really love to return it to its previous glory!

Can it be done? What do I need to do?

Thanks yall!

Sheila from Port St. John, FL

I found a bag of clothes sitting in the trash that had 2 leather jackets in it. I wanted to see if I could salvage them to make purses. But I guess the bag had something damp inside as both of the jackets had mold on them. Seeing as I had nothing to lose I hung them up on my clothesline and shot them with the hose. Then I sprayed them with dilute ammonia and scrubbed them with a brush and then shot them with the hose again. I mean they were soaking wet, lining and all. Then I left them on the line all day to dry. They looked as good as new. Now I am not advocating doing this with good jackets as a matter of course, but if you've got nothing to lose, go for it!

Susan

Was there a nasty smell to it?

First you go to Patrick's Pub and have a beer.

Once done, go home and try

For full cleaning and conditioning, try this mixture:

1 part white vinegar

2 parts neatsfoot oil OR raw or food grade linseed oil

Use a white lint free cloth to swirl on, leave overnight then buff for maximum shine.

Remove any mildew or mold on leather before starting with a regular cleaning. To remove mildew, try this inexpensive, easy recipe:

1 part rubbing alcohol

1 part water

Spray on or use on a dampened cloth. Use a clean white lint free cloth and replace as it gets dirty. Avoid direct sunlight and allow to air dry. You may also turn on a fan and allow it to gently waft over the surface.

Either of these will do the trick.

Will it discolor black leather?

I have just got out my leather jacket in the back bedroom where it is quite cool and I took out my leather jacket from the protected bag and I noticed to my horror is that it has got green mould spots all over the bottom jacket. Can any body tell me how to get rid of it please, which I would appreciate it.

I successfully cleaned about 3000 moldy, mucky jackets after Hurricane Katrina. The answer to your question is probably. A lot of the answer depends on how severe the damage is. If the zippers or snaps have been severely corroded, then the leather may be salvaged, but the metal parts will probably need replacing. That can be quite expensive. Through gentle agitation and a mild soap, most mold can be removed and neutralized.

I have two jackets didn't store them right they have bunch mildew on the what kind of soup did you use thank you can please get back to I really need help to save these thanks

How do i get it out of leather jacket

Old Leather Work Boots
Removing Mold and Mildew from Leather
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherAugust 31, 2006
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Body Oil Stains on Leather Jacket
Leather Jacket
Cleaning Stains on a Leather Jacket
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄