Wedding Gift Ideas for the Couple Who Has Everything

What wedding gift can I get for a young relative that I barely know who is a millionaire and so is her fiance'? Nothing has been said about her being registered anywhere. Asking about that is not an option in this family, a very sore subject. I can't go into details about that.

This young woman isn't fond of any of us on this side of the family, but the wedding is being held in our area even though the couple live many states away, and it is an opportunity for us to see the rest of the family.

It also isn't an option for us not to attend. It's a crazy family. This relative is on the extreme when it comes to her party lifestyle which makes it very difficult to give something that would have any meaning or value to her.

I thought of a restaurant gift certificate, but since I've never seen her eat anything other than fast food and as I said they live far from us so I have no idea of what kind of a restaurant they would enjoy. So, if anyone has a cool idea, I sure could use it. Actually there are three families of us in the same boat concerning this wedding.

By Dee from NY

Are they literally millionaires? If so, and if she is as difficult to please as you say, make a donation to a charity in their honor. It sounds like she should be able to afford to get whatever she wants/needs, and it also sounds like she is unlikely to enjoy or appreciate anything you give her. If you make a donation, you DID make an effort, and at least someone will appreciate/benefit from it. Hope you enjoy seeing relatives at the wedding . . .

A nice picture frame makes a good gift. Obviously not a cheap one from the dollar store, but a nice one. I've purchased these from Michael's craft store, Kohl's, Marshall's and HomeGoods.

Maybe you could get her something from one of the fair trade sites like the hunger site, which has a lot of stuff from artisans in the developing world, and then proceeds go to help the hunger site or the rainforest site, etc. Also, maybe a Dessert-of-the-month club or tickets to a show? Good luck!

Thank you. These are some great ideas that I never would have thought of. I will share them with the others in the family who are also having trouble coming up with ideas that will bless this couple. I also found a website link http://www.recipes1.net/wedding-gift-ideas-videos.html , on another thread here on TF and it has some nice ideas too, incase anyone else needs a suggestion.

Why are you trying to please someone who is not fond of you? I would do us both a favor and stay home. How can your life be effected if she is mad or not. Life is short and good people are all around you. Forget that one.

Donation to a charity might be best. Perhaps you can choose something for which the couple has an affinity or interest like a nature or eco group, zoo, medical or special needs organization, etc. Charity will send the couple a card stating that a donation has been made in their honor and will not state the amount-so send what you feel comfortable with. I wonder the wedding guests at the British Royal wedding will give the new couple?

Since it seems like such an impossible situation why don't you simply attend, give both the bride and groom your best well wishes and thanks you's for the invitation and then quietly donate your time to people in a shelter or food bank to those who are in need as a thank you for the Blessing of being able to have had the opportunity to see the rest of your family.

I would donate to a charity in their name that you know they would not approve of. Since they don't like you anyway, what's the harm?

Goodness, what a pickle! I agree with several of the posters here. A card which expresses your good wishes to the couple and perhaps a donation in their name to a worthy cause. (also, enjoy seeing the rest of the fam!)

Wedding Gift Ideas
Wedding Gift Ideas
Weddings GiftsApril 23, 2011
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
A bride with gifts.
Gift Ideas for Newlyweds
🎉
🎄