Economical Dishwasher Detergent

Which is the most economical dishwasher detergent?

Frankl from Daytona Beach, FL

I have found that the little 1 load packets made by Cascade or Electrosol are the most economical. You only use one per load and it has much less in the little pack than other detergents recommend. If you prefer to buy powder or liquid use half of the manufacturer's recommended amount. I only use the pots and pans cycle and no second wash... One wash and a lot of hot rinsing works great for me

ECONOMICAL IS NOT THE QUESTION.THE QUESTION SHOULD BE WHICH DISHWASHER DETERGENT CLEANS MY DISHES? MY HUSBAND (WHO HAS BEEN FIXING APPLIANCES FOR A LONG TIME ) SAYS THAT MOST OF THE MANUFACTURERS RECOMMEND CASCADE. WHEN YOU HAVE A REAL DIRTY LOAD OF DISHES USE CASCADE COMPLETE. YES THEY COST MORE BUT YOUR DISHES ARE GOING TO GET CLEAN.

Per consumer report

Consider Kirkland Signature or Great Value (walmart), which are excellent and the least expensive.

Don't know if this rating system will come up for you

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/ ... 8-07/ratings/0708_detergent_rate.htm

Let me know if it doesn't

I make a 50/50 mix of baking soda and Borax. So cheap it is practically free compared to purchasing it at the store! I have had good luck with it! Just remember that Borax can make you sick if ingested. A good rinse is important.

The most economical dishwasher detergent is one that gets your dishes clean and sparkling using YOUR dishwasher and the water found in YOUR part of the country. (smile) I guess I'm saying it varies with the situation.

I detest the store brand detergents because they are mostly "filler" that etches your glassware and sometimes leaves grey marks on your dishes. I prefer to buy brand name detergent and use only half the recommended amount. (we need to remember with everything that the manufacturer wants us to use more so we need to buy more of the product they sell.) My very favorite dishwasher detergent is Electrosol tablets. I can break them in half and put half in each of the detergent cups in the dishwasher. I always use "light wash" cycle on my dishwasher. I am able to get even broiler pans clean even though I have the hardest well water.

I believe dishwashers use the rinse water from the previous "wash" cycle to add detergent to for the 2nd wash. So to me they are very frugal. My dishwater is the very cheapest sold by Lowes, and it is at least 6 yrs old.

I sure hope my ramblings this morning are of some help to you. I'm still nursing my coffee... (lol)

warm regards

According to Consumer Reports, Walmart's Great Value dishwasher detergent is the best for the price. That's what I use and I have hard water and have had no problems with it. Good luck and God bless you.

If you have soft water you can cut back on amount

you use and I use vinegar in the rinse cup works

well

Consumer Advice General AdviceMarch 31, 2008
Clumped Detergent
Softening Clumped Dishwasher Detergent
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Dishwasher Detergent
Other Uses for Dishwasher Detergent
Dishwasher Detergent Tablets
Saving Money on Dishwasher Detergent
🎉
🎄