Odee (Yorkshire Terrier)

Odee is 3 1/2 years old. He is a Yorkshire Terrier. We got him back in 2003. We had a Yorkie named Toby. He was almost 12 years old. He went real fast, on a weekend. He was gone by Sunday night, he died in my arms. I could not go to work the next day and cried for 3 weeks straight.

My husband decided to get another Yorkie. My friend Karen had some that were born about the time Toby died. So we brought Odee home when he was 7 weeks old.

It helped me a lot. It was almost like Toby never left us as Odee did everything that Toby did. Odee was Toby's distance cousin. He likes to play with his ball and chase the 2 cats in the house. He loves to go outside to try and chase the squirrels. He does everything with us. Odee is a very smart and beautiful dog.

By Darlene from Perry, IA

He is truly a beautiful dog and I'm so glad you found him when you did. My sympathies for your loss, but glad that Toby didn't suffer long. Give Odee a big hug and kiss for me. God bless you!

Darlene ~ First and foremost I am sorry for the loss of your beloved Toby. Even though he was 12 years old, losing any animal is such a hard thing. I am glad though that you were able to get another dog and fill the void in your heart. Talk about a small world! The first dog I remember having growing up was a silky terrier which is much like Odee though she had much longer fur and bangs that constantly needed to be trimmed. On another note, my grandparents have lived in Perry Iowa for 80+ years ... Jim and Diana ... they live over on 15th street. Would be cool to hear from you if you'd like to chat. Even though I now live in NH, I still consider Iowa (having been born in Cedar Rapids) to be home. Take care ~ MATT

Hello Darlene..

First of all hugs to you and your family on the loss of your beloved furbaby "Toby". I know the heartache you feel. Well, A new kid in the house, how exciting. Please give him a really big hug from our family...Yes, he already looks spoiled (as he should be )

Love,

Sherri, Tucker(our Corgi) Sophie, Punnie and of course big boy Woobie...

QTP2T.

what a sweetie. I believe that animals are a gift as are our children and they are smarter than what people think.

I am glad odee has helped you heal.toby will always be in your heart but I am sure somewhere he is smiling down knowing you are happy again

Odee is handsome! We have a yorkie, Oso

who bosses his Jack Russell, Cookie and the newbie

a shi-poo, Honey.

Oso is nana's baby he goes to her bed to be pampered, spoiled and get lots of love and TREATS!

He slinks to her room so we won't see him and there

he is such a baby my mom even dresses him in PINK! To us he acts like the 'toughie' wanting to

chew up our mailman and runs out to pee on neighbor's tree too funny.

I am happy that you have Odee after being blessed with Toby.

Odee is a doll. The first Yorkie I fell in love with was my neighbors'. They used to say that in his heart, he was a doberman. He was about 13 when he died, and he also went rather quickly. It was probably his heart. He got weak, then recovered for a week, and then passed quietly. It's hard, but maybe it's a blessing too.

I'm glad you and Odee found each other. Terriers are a very smart, working breed, aren't they, and they need to be needed. So on with the chase! Watch out, squirrels!

Yorkshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesJune 11, 2007
American Staffordshire Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Yorkshire Pudding
Yorkshire Pudding Recipes
Yorkshire Terrier Chihuahua Mix
Yorkshire Terrier Mix Photos
🎉
🎄