Recycled Frisbee Bird Feeder

Bird feeder made from mainly recycled materials.

Approximate Time: 30 min - 1 hour

• 2 bolts, washers, and nuts
  • 1 empty grated cheese container
  • strong glue - like Goop
  • screw driver
  • 2 Frisbees
  • drill
  • long needle nose tool
  • wire and "s" hook

Instructions:

I have two Chihuahuas and the last thing they would ever do is play with a Frisbee, so when we received two free ones I knew I had to come up with something. Here's what I did:

1. Drill holes in the center of the Frisbees top and bottom, also top and bottom of the container, the same size as the bolts you will be putting through.

2. Drill the bottom Frisbee with several holes for water drainage. Drill two small holes (across from each other) near the bottom of the container about 1/2 inch from the bottom. These holes should be about 1/3 inch wide.

3. Match up the container top to the underside of the top Frisbee and glue.

4. Put bolt through top and bottom set of holes, add washer and then the bolt, tighten. For top section have a loop of wire ready to wrap around the bolt before tightening. For the bottom use the needle nose to brace the bolt from inside the container while using the screw driver on the outside of the Frisbee.

5. Now it's ready to fill, turn the top Frisbee and the container cap should screw right off with it. Some bird seed may come out of the bottom feeding holes, but if the drainage holes are small the seed will stay in the Frisbee. Add your "s" hook and it's ready to hang.

Hope I have explained this well enough, if not let me know. I just set it out this morning so I haven't seen any birds yet, but once I do I am going to try to get some photos.

By NoRulesArt from Sunny FL

Very neat idea and those FL. birds are gonna love you!

Makes me wish I had two frisbees! Off to the Dollar Tree for me!

This is really cute. I will try it soon. I have a frisbee and also some big plastic lids that will work too. Thank you for this craft. It's one that makes sense.

I love this idea. I am going to try and make it this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

Sheila

Recycled Bird Feeder
Recycled Bird Feeder Ideas
Crafts Garden & Yard Bird FeedersApril 24, 2011
A glass hummingbird feeder.
Making a Hummingbird Feeder
Bird Eating from Bird Feeder
Keeping The Ground Under a Bird Feeder Clean
Squirrel Feeder
Making a Squirrel Feeder
Butterfly Feeder
Making a Butterfly Feeder
🎉
🎄