Earache Pain Relief

I have a really bad ear ache. It is so bad, my teeth feel like its aching too. What do I do?

By Alissa from Erie, PA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Take 5 drops of tea tree oil an 6 drops of sweet oil or olive oil mix well. Put it in the ear stop pain and infections.

Best Answer

Have it examined to rule out Temporomandibular Disorder, the deranged jaw joint problem. There's only 1/8" between ear canal and that joint, and pushing on it that way can be diagnostic. Long time dental hygienist, Kim

It could be your tooth causing the pain in your ear. Either way you should go to a doctor to find out for sure if it is in your ear, and if it is an ear infection you probably need some medication.

I am afraid I agree, it is time to see a doctor (before your eardrum ruptures, or your tooth abcesses!) Good luck!

I have an earache also. I am using hydrogen peroxide dipped q-tips and they are very soothing, but the pain comes sharply and suddenly. Then aches downward. I need to know which will work better of OTC meds: Ibuprofen, Aleve, Tylenol or possibly Vicodin? Which med is usually prescribed?

Earache pain relief ear drops are available over the counter at most drug stores. This is fine for temporary relief but if the pain continues you should see a doctor.

I have had that pain off and on for years and it is severe. I was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia but not before my dentist pulled two teeth years ago. The teeth showed nothing on the X-rays. This is a mistake doctors and dentists often make. There is medication for this. I am not saying it is not your ear, or not your tooth. I am saying it might be trigeminal neuralgia. Google that to read the symptoms but also make an appointment with your doctor.

Advil works wonders. I use a netti pot to cleanse my sinuses and take some allergy medication. It usually clears up in no time. If your ache is from a bad tooth go to the dentist ASAP, tooth decay can cause heart problems etc.

little girl frowning and holding her ear
Home Remedies for Earache Pain
Health & Beauty Home RemediesOctober 29, 2010
Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs
Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs
Hot Water Bottle
Using a Hot Water Bottle
Shingles
Remedies for Shingles Pain
Using acupressure on a foot.
Using Acupressure for Foot Pain
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:12:18 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.