Cover Top Of Fridge With Plastic Wrap

After cleaning the outside of my refrigerator, I place plastic wrap or "press 'n seal" over the entire top. Just replace as needed. Saves a lot of elbow grease.

Source: My mom back in the 50s.

By keeper60 from Blue Ridge Mts., NC

I don't think this is safe as your fridge needs to have room to breathe. That is why you don't have a fridge in an exact fit space, if you know what I mean. You need to have air around your fridge & I am not sure, but I would think it would make your fridge work harder thus shortening the life of your appliance.

Placing towel OR plastic on TOP of fridge hurts nothing. My Mama did it as far back as I can remember - there is no venting on top.

The frig vents from the bottom, around the bottom, and a lot in the back. Covering the top will have nothing to do with it.

I place a large towel that covers the top, after I wash the thing. It can be washed and reused and I don't have to use plastic wrap that is not biodegradable.

c t, well you knocked the wind out of my sails. Sorry for not thinking green. Your towel idea makes good sense. Thanks.

I have done a similar thing. I have put newspaper on top of mine. When the top layer gets dusty, I remove it and then there is a clean layer. My fridge was tall, so no one could see the newspaper. Works for me!

I really do need to try something like this. May go for the cloth towel though.

I found a piece of carpet just the right size to put on the top of my fridge - it's far under the cabinet on top & miserable to clean. Now I never even know if it's dirty! But I do take it off & vacuum or shake it out now & then!

Roll of Plastic Wrap
Uses for Plastic Wrap
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMay 21, 2010
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
roll of foil
Using Aluminum Foil and Plastic Wrap Correctly
Roll of Plastic Wrap
Use Winterizing Plastic As Shrink Wrap
Clear plastic wrap
Saving Money on Plastic Wrap
🎉
🎄