Craft Project: Recycled Mini Christmas Lamps
How to make an inexpensive holiday themed mini lamp.
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- holiday wrapping paper
- wine glass
- battery operated tea light
- white glue
- heavy duty thread
- It is best to use a heavier, better quality holiday wrapping paper. I used about 25 inches in length and 3 1/2 inches in height for my paper size. The height will depend on the glass you will be using, you want it to look like a lamp shade when done.
- Cut out your paper and using a stylist or a blunt object, mark off 1/2 inch lines going vertically all the way across. Now fold the paper into an accordion fold. Glue the short ends together and let dry.
- Take a needle and make a hole in each fold about 1/4 inch from the top edge. If you have a pattern that needs to go one way make sure the needle holes are at the top.
- Double thread your needle and knot the end. Starting from the inside of the shade sew through each hole, tie the ends together and knot. Test fit before you knot to see that it will hang the way you want on the glass.
- Wine or stemmed glasses can be purchased at most thrift stores very inexpensively. Set a battery operated tea light inside, pop the shade on and you have a charming mini lamp.
- You can change the shades for other holidays or make one for everyday use. Also, wallpaper or scrapbook paper could be used for the shade.
By NoRulesArt from sunny FL
Add your voice to the conversation.