Homemade Bath Bombs Won't Harden

I am having troubles getting my bath bombs to harden. I have tried 3 different recipes and STILL my bath bombs crumble when I pick them up. I am using "fruit fresh" as the citric acid. I read you can use this. They do not harden at all. They are still moist after 3 days of drying. What am I doing wrong?

Dana from Newkensington, PA

Is it humid where you live? You need to make them on the driest day possible, it makes a huge difference.

try this link

I make them using honey and oils. I use witch hazel in tiny bursts in a spritzer after everything is mixed thoroughly and I continue to mix with my hands, a bit like rubbing butter and flour to make pastry but you need all the lumps out. It has to be the consistency of a non-slushy best quality snowball when you squeeze it gently in your hand.

When I first started I found they molded ok, but took ages to dry out so I added a bit less oil and honey. If you find a recipe that works for you it may be a good idea to weigh everything on a digital scale in grams and keep a record, as grams are a more precise measurement. Hope this helps!

I recommend just using Citric Acid. If you tired three different times with the Fresh Fruit that may be the problem. I tried making them for the first time and no problems! Hope it works!

Basket of Bath Bombs
Making Bath Bombs
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes BathFebruary 28, 2007
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Homemade Bath Salts
Homemade Bath Salts Recipes
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start