Strawberry Shortcake Using Sour Cream

I recently read a recipe for strawberry shortcake using sour cream in the cake or biscuit part. I can't seem to remember where I read it. Does any one have a recipe similar?

Jo Anne from NY

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Joanne - I think the recipe you are referring was in the latest issuue of Food and Family - the free magazine that Kraftfoods, sends out. I just read it last night. The recipe is called Simply Sensational Strawberry Shortcake. If you don't have the magazine, the recipe can be found at www.kraftfoods.com. Just type in Strawberry Shortcake under "Recipe Search." Its the first listing.

I know, it sounds good, doesn't it?

I just add it to biscuit mix or a biscuit recipe instead of part of the milk. I'm always fooling with biscuit recipes and adding cream, sour cream or butter make richer biscuits. Also more fattening but nice for a dessert or special occasion.

Susan from ThriftyFun

thanks lisa that must be where i read it just got magazine in mail i thought it was on the computer i read so many recipes in a day.

Strawberry Shortcake on White Plate
Strawberry Shortcake Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts DessertsMay 24, 2006
Lowfat Sour Cream
Making Lowfat Sour Cream
Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipes
Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipes
finished parfait
Strawberry Shortcake Parfait Recipe
fresh delicious sour cream
Homemade Sour Cream Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 8:08:08 AM on 10.0.2.156 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.