Homemade Steak Sauce Recipes

Category Sauces
Steak Sauce
Making your own steak sauce allows you to blend the ingredients just the way you like best. This page contains homemade steak sauce recipes.

This is a tasty and easy recipe you can make with ingredients most likely already in your kitchen. Not only does this save money, but it has far less preservative chemicals than the store bought brands do.

• 1 1/4 cups ketchup
  • 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 6 drops Original Red, Chipotle, or Sweet and Hot Tabasco sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Mix ketchup, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and Tabasco sauce in a bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste, cover and set aside to let flavors meld for 30 minutes before serving or cover and refrigerate for future use.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Someone was just asking about the blue cheese steak topping that Outback Steak uses. I've never tasted theirs, but I have a really good recipe for it that you might like to try. This also tastes really good slathered on bread or even to flavor pasta. You can make a large batch, allow to cool, place on plastic wrap, shape into a log and refrigerate for further use during the week. I've never tried it, but it seems it might also freeze well.

• 4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled or cut into small cubes
  • 4 Tbsp. salted butter
  • 1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped

Directions:

Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté until onion is transparent.

Add blue cheese and slowly stir just until melted (without over cooking), and remove from heat.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Here is a simple delicious steak sauce. Warmed up leftover sauce goes great with fresh bread.

Yield: 6 servings

• 6 onions, chopped
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1. Fry onions until glassy.
  2. Almost fill a coffee mug with cheap tomato sauce, the runny kind, not like Heinz. It's too thick and tart. Shake the Worcestershire sauce until it fully covers the tomato sauce in the mug. Mix it up, it should be brown/greyish.
  3. Ad

4. Pour this into the onions. Rinse the mug with about 1/2 water and add it into the mix. Simmer for about 5 minutes until it thickens. Be careful it doesn't stick.

I sometimes add a bit of BBQ spice to the onions. Make extra, it goes great with fries.

A mock recipe. I have high blood pressure and no money, I make a lot of mock recipes!

Total Time: 5 minutes

Source: I found this in a old file, no idea where it is from

• 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbsp bottled grated orange peel
  • 2 Tbsp Heinz ketchup
  • 2 Tbsp Heinz chili sauce

1. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes, stirring.
  2. Ad

3. Remove from heat. Allow to cool to lukewarm.
  4. Put mixture in a blender until it is pureed. Pour in bottle.
  5. Cap tightly and refrigerate to use within 90 days.

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbsp. grated orange peel
  • 2 Tbsp. chili sauce

Directions

Bring all ingredients to a boil. Then boil additional 2 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Allow to cool to lukewarm. Pour mixture into blender until it is pureed. Pour into a bottle and cap tightly.

I found this recipe in the booklet that came with my BBQ, so simple yet it gives the steak so much flavour! The onion powder and steak spice are my additions.

This is a great steak sauce recipe. According to the recipe, it actually won 2nd place at the Iowa State Fair in 1976.

Cut steak in small pieces and tenderize by poking with a fork in meat and marinate overnight or 3-4 hours before grilling.

Boil 5 minutes in small pan. Pour over meat and bake at 350 degrees for at least 2 hours.

I am looking for the recipe for Texas Tom's Italian Steak Sauce recipe. Please reply with a recipe if you have it.

Thanks,
Clint from Kansas City, MO

I wish I had the answer for you but I wondered if you had mastered the "Steak" portion of the sandwich. I moved to Phoenix 4 years ago and I can't believe that no one except Kansas Citians seem to know what I'm talking about when I mention the "Italian Steak Sandwich".

Best of Luck on your search!

I have been looking for the sandwich recipe forever. If you found out anything could you please email me? Thank Julie hicks