Surprise Snickerdoodle Bread

If you love snickerdoodle cookies, you will love this! I made this for a cake walk and bake sale and it was a huge success! The surprise is a lovely swirl of melted cinnamon chips on the inside of the bread, Yum!

• 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1-3/4 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 pkg. Hershey's cinnamon chips
  • 2 Tbsp. flour

• 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.

Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl. In another bowl, cream butter, 1-3/4 cups sugar, salt, and cinnamon until fluffy, about 2 minutes.

Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well. Add flour mixture stirring to combined only.

Coat the cinnamon chips with 2 Tbsp. of flour.

Spoon batter into loaf pans. Using a knife, swirl the cinnamon chips into the batter.

Combine 2 Tbsp. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon and sprinkle over top of batter in the pans.

Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.

Let cool 5-10 minutes before removing from pans.

Wonderful with hot tea, coffee, or just plain ol' cold milk :)

Source: I received this from one of the many baking and cooking blogs I subscribe to. When I made it, it was too sweet for my tastes so I tweaked the original recipe a bit by reducing the sugar, cinnamon chips, and swirled the chips into the batter to make it look prettier.

By Gina from Oklahoma City, OK

Sounds yummy. Thanks for posting.

This sounds so good! It's lunchtime anyway, but this recipe made my stomach start growling! LOL! My mouth is watering like I can already taste it! I think I'm going to let my teenager make this so we can all try it! Thanks!

Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Cinnamon Bread Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Breads CinnamonMay 16, 2011
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
stack of cookies
Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread