Porch Beverage Table
Beverage table for porch or patio.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- two or three step wooden stepladder
- flat bottomed shallow basket, or a flat piece of stiff wicker with no sides
- long plastic twist ties, saved from the packaging of electronics and toys, etc.
- paint, stencils as needed
- polyurethane finish if the table will be exposed to weather
- Paint and/or stencil your little stepladder if you like. Mine was already painted for use as home decor.
- After allowing to dry according to directions, spray or brush on the polyurethane if needed, according to package instructions. Use on the basket as well. Be sure to allow plenty of time for the finish to dry.
- Thread the long twist ties through the natural openings in the bottom of the basket, using the width of the top of the ladder as a guide for where to insert the ends. Pull them tight and thoroughly flatten to the bottom of the basket. Place the basket on the ladder top, turn the ladder over so you have access to the underside of the top, tightly twist the ends to hold the basket firmly. Tuck ends in. If necessary, place thin pieces of wood under one side of the basket to level it. My ladder top was tilted forward just a little bit, so needed this step. Yours may not.
- The star on the back side of the ladder is also woven wicker. It was an insert in the basket, which was easy to remove and attach with twist ties to the ladder.
The cost of this craft was $1.29, for the thrift shop basket. I had been looking for an inexpensive, small, weather resistant beverage table for our covered porch, and just couldn't find what I wanted. I noticed a little stepladder like mine in the thrift shop, and had a !Eureka! moment that sent me to the basket section.
By Shirley from Topeka, KS
July 14, 20100 found this helpful
That is so cute. Thanks for the idea.I just happen to have all the materials necessary to make one.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 5, 2016 at 9:18:25 PM on 10.0.0.99 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us