Putting a Photo on a Plate

As a memorial to my dad and mom I would like to put a photo onto a plate. How do I do this?

By Catherine

You could decopage it on, or you could check with places that print photos and see if they could do it. I know I have seen ads that these companies can put photos on mugs, etc., so I would imagine they can do it on plates too.

I have done this with a certain kind of printer paper I got at one of the craft stores. It was a few years ago so I don't remember the name of it, but it has a sticky back and feels like cloth. Print it out on your printer, place the plate on top to trace around the area to be covered, and cut it out - peel off the backing (just a little so you can get it placed properly) then pull the rest off.

I have seen these done by printing the picture on light card stock. Use a clear glass plate. Cut the picture to fit in the center of the plate where it will lay flat. You will be working on the bottom of the plate. Put a thin layer of decoupage medium in area where picture will go. Lay picture on medium and use fingers to smooth out and eliminate any air bubbles. Then put another coat of decoupage medium over back of entire picture. After the medium dries thoroughly you will see the picture through the glass on front of plate. After you get the picture firmly sealed down and it is fully dry, you can apply a coat of paint to the back of the plate. The color will show through on the front of the plate. If you want any designs on the rim of plate you will have to apply them before painting the full back. These are actually very pretty. And the picture is protected by the glass on the front. The plates are not washable though. You can use them for things, even food as long as you only wash the front carefully by hand. Don't stick in in the dishwater.

Check out www.webshots.com They offer photos on cups etc. I'm not sure about plates. Good luck. GG Vi

Transferring a Picture to a Cup or Plate
Crafts AdviceMay 29, 2011
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
Making a Photo Plate
Making a Photo Plate
🎉
🎄