Inexpensive Floating Candles

Where can I get the best price for floating candles? I need enough to cover 20 tables and I've searched and searched. Would I come out cheaper making them? This is for a 40th anniversary party that's being done on a strict budget. Please help

By Ocdg from NJ

Hobby Lobby was the best deal for me 2 years ago when I got married. They were 39 cents each on sale. Watch the paper for the coupons that Hobby Lobby, Joanns and Michaels run for 40% off and buy a few each week. the paper has the coupons in Sundays edition each week

Also, check the clearance items at Gardenridge if you have one in your area. I have found them on clearance tables for as little as 4/$1.

What about doing something with tealights if the floating candles doesn't work out? You can get a huge bag of those for a few dollars. Would tealight candles float??

Tracey in Jacksonville FL

Thanks for the info, I will check out Michaels. As for the tea lights I really don't know if they float or not i'll have to get some and try it out.

Try www.candles4less.com. I got the stuff for my centerpieces there and spent $75 less than I would have at Michaels.

Check the following websites: save-on-crafts.com & efavormart.com

I did my sisters revow in Tucson and we floated dollar tree candles, still in the tins, in brandy snifters filled with colored water. The tins staying on protect the wick from getting wet. When you only pay 1.00 for 12 and you can get them in just about every scent you can imagine, what a bargain that will be!

Any candle will float as long as it is as wide as it is tall!

Try http://www.myweddingfavors.com in their Last call favors section or each day they feature Daily Good Buy for like 99 cents.