Daughter's First Car Advice

I need suggestions on how to make giving my daughter her first car a BIG surprise. How can I make it fun but special too?

Cheryl

I'm a big fan of hiding keys in goofy places.

Just as you sit down to dinner, casually remark that you left something (green beans, whatever) in the microwave and ask her to go get it for you. It's easy to slip a set of keys from your pocket to the microwave.

If you have a dog you could tie the keys to his/her collar with a big tag with her name on it attached. Ask her to call the dog.

How about a scavenger hunt that leads to the garage?--or even better, make one that goes all over town and leads to the car in someone else's garage, or in a parking lot. You could get the whole family or group of friends involved. It could be a wild goose chase that lasts for hours!

I hope that if you can't use these suggestions, they'll give you inspiration for your own idea. Have fun, Cheryl!!

I gave my husband a car for Christmas one yr. and I made up little clues to a progressive hunt, the car was parked at a friends house but we had him going all over town including going into a friends resturant and asking for a cup of coffee and a clue, each clue led to another clue that eventuallly took him to the car....it was great and we got the whole experience on tape!

I also have her 16th birthday in 3 days. Have you heard any ideas?

One year we wrapped up key rings with the keys to our kids 4 wheelers under the Christmas tree. They were 6 & 8 years old and said" Oh neat key rings". Then, we took them outside to the patio to see their new prizes. I have pictures of them jumping up and down in their pajamas outside. Good memories!

Parenting Teen AdviceNovember 30, 2004
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
Mother Daughter Tea
Planning a Mother Daughter Tea
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
🎉
🎄