Line Baking Pans With Aluminum Foil

I love to bake using marinades and various spices that are messy to clean up. In my old age (65), I have learned to line my baking pans with aluminum foil so I can just remove the food, dispose of the foil, and put the pan away - no scrubbing needed. I even line the disposable pans to get another use out of them. No more scrubbing for me!

By Nina from Ridge, NY

Good idea. I am 71 and have been lining baking pans for several years. I never thought of lining the foil pans, though.

There is reason to believe cooking with aluminum is not good for your health which is why many people are switiching to stainless steel.

Please stop using aluminum foil and anything else containing the metal. It is the #1 cause of Alzheimers. it is one of the heavy metals causing all kinds of illnesses.

Patrival

Ooops. Sorry forgot to mention an alternative that is just as good but safe, that is parchment paper, if you can get your hands on organic, all the better for your health.

Good luck in your prevention of your health.

Patrival

This is a great idea! For those worried about alzheimers being caused from aluminum please do a little homework. That scare was pretty much debunked about three decades ago. Also, aluminum is naturally in the air you breathe and the water you drink and in assorted foods.

This article was written by an MD:

http://www.thedietchannel.com/Alzheimers-Disease.htm

This is also written by an MD:

http://www.drgourmet.com/askdrgourmet/aluminum.shtml

And this one is written by Alzheimer's Society:

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=99

Parchment paper costs more & you still have to wash the pan.Use the aluminum foil right so the food doesn't leak through, you don't have to wash the pan. And it certainly saves wear & tear on people who have trouble with their hands!

Like Deeli said, they debunked the aluminum issue years ago. The whole issue came about because people with Alzheimers had more aluminum deposits in their brains,therefore "they must be eating/absorbing more aluminum". That's like saying people with diabetes eat too much sugar because they have excess sugar in their blood, it just isn't true! Those of you worrying about cooking in aluminum probably don't even think about the BPA lining the cans of the food you use & that has definitely been show to cause problems!

Isn't it remarkable that we tend to believe everything we hear without doing our own fact finding research ( Alzheimers scare Etc. ) It is also amazing that although we THINK we are smart at 20-40 yrs old, We are much smarter at 50-60 -90. Little did we know that lining pans would save us time and water and engery back then. ;-) GG Vi

I do this too, Nina. I really pride myself on being thrifty & not wasting. BUT, this has always been my wasteful little secret. lol. Not being a fan of scrubbing pans myself, so I line all the baking sheets with foil when using BQ sauce or other sticky ingredients.

God Bless.

Trish in CT

I am 72 and have cooked in aluminum pots and pans all my life and my mind is still sharp as a whatever they say -- tack, yeah, sharp as a tack! I am somewhat rebellious anyway and seldom believe the latest scares going around.

Lining Pans with Foil
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingJune 29, 2011
pan lined with foil
Lining a Pan With Aluminum Foil
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Aluminum Foil
Uses for Aluminum Foil
🎄