AdviceBaby Shower

Renting Space In L.A. For A Baby Shower

Hi,I am having a baby shower for my daughter but my place is too small for 80 invites and I really don't know anyone that has a bigger place. Can anyone suggest a place that I can rent? The baby shower is in August or September. Thanks so much!

Cindy from Los Angeles, CA

I would try a local VFW hall, or a Local church they rent out hall space. Elks club, different Lodges. Sons of Italy. Places where groups get together do rent space to help off set costs.

I would look in the yellow pages under clubs/organizations.

Or you can go to chinese place and pay by the person say 5.99 per person and they eat from a buffet and you have use of a section of the place for say 4 hours.

Good Luck on the shower!!!

In our city, you can rent rooms at the local Recreation Center cheaply. Some restaurants have spaces for rent even if you don't eat their food, or if you just order, say, a dessert. Town halls often offer conference rooms, as do local colleges, perhaps for free if you promise to really clean up well. Good luck and God bless you. : )

I would use the money it would cost to entertain 80 guests, and buy the baby equipment I need. Your daughter is going to get so many things she will not use. Hopefully after baby arrives close friends and family will bring a few gifts, and you haven't obligates anyone to buy something.