Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Painting Walls to Coordinate With Burgundy Carpet

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Burgundy Carpet

Your carpet color plays an important role in choosing a wall paint color. This is a guide about painting walls to coordinate with burgundy carpet.

Here are questions related to Painting Walls to Coordinate With Burgundy Carpet.

Question: Painting Walls to Coordinate With Burgundy Carpet

What color do I paint the living room walls? I have black furniture, wrought iron with glass tables, and burgundy carpet and curtains? I am wanting to sell.

By Lori from Chicago, IL

Most Recent Answer

By Grandma J [46]07/04/2010

Taupe/beige looks great. My daughter in law had the beige carpet and did one large wall burgundy, the others 3 light sand. Beautiful.

Solutions: Painting Walls to Coordinate With Burgundy Carpet

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Painting Walls to Coordinate With Burgundy Carpet

I have a burgundy carpet, and I'd like to paint my walls. What color do you recommend? I was thinking about orange. What do you think? I live in small apartment, my furniture is beige.

Cinthia from Los Angeles, CA

RE: Painting Walls to Coordinate With Burgundy Carpet

An earthy gold color looks great with burgundy. You could also put some burgundy and gold striped pillows on the couch to bring the colors together. (02/12/2008)

By Marnita

Burgundy and orange would clash terribly (unless that's the look you're going for), they're not even in the same color family. With your beige furniture a medium pink would be better. (02/12/2008)

By perfume and powder

I have painted my walls a very light pink. They look soft and warm with the burgundy. 99% white 1% pink! (02/12/2008)

By Pat

I think a light shade of beige, eggshell, off white, or a light gray would all be good choices. (02/12/2008)

By badwater

Cream, beige, or mauve sound good to me. (02/12/2008)

By Har'iet

I agree with those who said cream or light grey. A light shade of old gold would be good, too. (02/13/2008)

By thriftmeg

Go to the paint chip rack at your local Home Depot, Lowe's, wherever. Find your color of carpet, and go straight across to the oranges. The one in direct line with your burgundy color chip will be a good color choice. These displays are set up this way. I believe it works vertically as well. (02/24/2008)

By Sandy from Pittsburgh

If you have burgundy carpet it would look very loud and gaudy to paint your walls orange! Burgundy coordinates well with beige with splash of red or burgundy accessories here and there. Burgundy is very easy to contrast or coordinate with a few bits and pieces of black accessories. (05/18/2008)

By colormeright