Pattern For Miniature Christmas Tree Made With Pipe Cleaners

Many years ago, while at a craft fair with my mother in law I learned to make a miniature Christmas tree from green pipe cleaners (or chenille stems for you language purists!). You started with a small block base with a thin dowel sticking up. Then you took a length of pipe cleaner (about 6" or so) and twisted around the dowel. But, and this is what made them look so real, before you twisted each length, you took about an inch long piece of cleaner and twisted it a bit down from each end (for branches). You used several lengths the same then decreased the length around the dowel to get the tapered effect.

Unfortunately I don't remember the details. I have one left (after having made many to give away) but don't want to destroy it to figure out the pattern. Does anyone know of these or have the instructions.

Melody from Oak Ridge, TN

Pipe cleaner tree.
December 12, 20070 found this helpful ... 12bfc22b4110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD

found this one on martha stewarts website!

Thanks meluvchris. This isn't the same tree but cute none the less. I will have to make this one too. I've been experimenting on getting the fuller tree I posted and am getting close. Thanks for helping out.

Square version of tree top.
Christmas Tree Craft Ideas
Crafts Christmas DecorationsDecember 6, 2007
Square version of tree top.
Making Recycled Paper Mini Trees
Making Pinecone Christmas Trees
Making Pinecone Christmas Trees
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Tabletop Christmas Tree
Making Tabletop Christmas Trees