Improving the Appearance of Bathroom Sink Without Cabinet Underneath

I have a bathroom sink with no cabinet underneath and I need to know how can I pretty it up.

By Deborah from Warren, OH

Is it a pedestal sink? I think the most common thing people do is that hang-cloth-around it idea - you know, you attach fabric to the edge of the sink like a skirt? I think you can get directions at bhg.com; then you could put storage baskets underneath.

If the sink is installed in a cupboardless countertop hang a curtain rod across the expanse and sew some inexpensive broadcloth curtains. A 3" hem on each end does nicely. Make them extra wide like window curtains.

Some of what I call "junk' catalogs have the skirts already made, they attach to the border of the sink with self-adhesive velcro. These are made out of plastic, like the picnic type table cloths, then all you would have to do is wipe them off occasionally. My sister used these for many years.

Thanks everyone for all the ideas when I get it like I want it im going to talke a pic and show off the finished work.

I have an old bathroom sink that is attached to the wall. It is not a free-standing pedestal sink, there are exposed pipes under it.

For a quick solution, I used a coordinating colored towel that matches our bathroom and wrap it around the pipes. Towels do come in different lengths and I already had one that fit around the pipes that covered them lengthwise. The pipes are close to the wall so the towel was thick enough to fit tightly against the wall so that it stays up on its' own.

I store some bathroom items in a old metal pitcher under the sink to give it that country look. In the meantime, I am looking for some baskets that I can hang on the wall under the sink for some more storage.

You could take an old plastic trash can, cut it in half lengthwise, cut off the bottom, paint and decorate one half then slide it under your sink, screen style. You can easily store things behind it.

Bathroom Decorations
Decorating a Bathroom
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating BathroomJanuary 29, 2011
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄