Quick and Easy Homemade Gift Box

For a quick and easy gift box for a small item, why not make your own. There are a number of templates on the internet that can give you an idea of dimensions, or you can take apart a box you have and figure it yourself.

I took one that would work on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper to make two box tops. I added some clip art and the "gift tag" all in the text, and printed it out on card stock. I just cut the sheet in half, scored on the folding lines with a letter opener, and folded in the sides, taping the ends with scotch tape. For the bottom I just scored a blank half sheet of paper - just inside the lines for the cover to make it a bit smaller, and folded it up the same way.

For Christmas I did these, I had made beaded zipper pulls for everyone - and just wrapped them in tissue inside the boxes. No other wrapping needed.

By Regina from Rochester, NY

Editor's Note: Regina has also provided a PDF of the box template so you can print it out if you like. Click here to download it.

thats a great idea.....I also have went out and bought a unfinished box (bottom & top) and done it in pink and added wooden letters and numbers and gave it to my great neice for my great-great neice's babyshower (will have to finish the date once she's born). this is also good for us that's not that talented on building our own.... :0)

Grammar - That's such a nice gift! My boxes were definitely "temporary" and just sturdy enough for gift giving - but yours is definitely a keeper!!!

Homemade Heart Gift Boxes
Homemade Gift Boxes
Photos CraftsOctober 10, 2007
Making a Valentine's Day Gift Box
folded paper box
Making Folded Paper Gift Boxes
Gift Card Box
Making a Gift Card Box
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box