Getting Free Craft Supplies for Charity Crafts

My mom and I crochet and knit hats, scarves, and headbands for local church groups. We crochet toys for the local school and library reading programs, wash clothes for the abuse shelter, and also pet mats and toys for the Humane Society.

We make beaded bracelets for the Relay For Life walk and sew blankets, headbands, scarves, and hats for the local abuse shelter. My mom is on disability and I am unemployed. We are in need of free yarn, beading supplies, animal/cat safety eyes and fabric/ fleece. If you know of any way we could receive free supplies to continue our charity efforts please let me know. Thanks.

By Amy from Wahpeton, ND

If there are freecycyle groups in your area join them and ask for what you need. You also might find really good buys on the supplies that you need in the non-profit thrift stores.

All I can suggest is to look for supplies at thrift shops, that's where I get all of my yarn for my projects, as yarn otherwise is too expensive.

Also, look on Craig's List for free items. I get some of mine at garage sales too - a lot of yarn and beads. Also, send out an email to your friends and family members who might have items they no longer want or will use. Ask them to pass it along to their email friends, who live in the same area as you do. Offer to go pick it up, as they might be more likely to donate it. And, any other groups you belong to - like church, etc. contact the right person and request supplies.

I have some supplies. Please supply your address, I will mail to you.

kat

Hi! I am a crafter also. You might contact craft/beading supply websites & ask them to donate their out of stock extra's, etc. Some co.'s will do that, as a donation tax write off on their taxes!Check them out! Hope this info. is helpful! Linda

Have you joined your local freecycle group online? That is an awesome place. It helps to recycle things. It's all free and helps keep things out of the land fill. I have even received a much needed car from there. If you are not a member, you can go to Freecycle.org then find your state and city. Ours has even expanded to have a group for pets. It is truly a wonderful place

Hello. I have a very large scarf that can be taken apart and used to knit other things. If you are interested, please message me with your address, and I will mail it to you.

Colorful yarn on a shelf.
Finding Free Craft Supplies for Charity Projects
Crafts AdviceJanuary 5, 2011
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Craft Supplies
Selling Excess Craft Supplies
Fabric
Donating Fabric to Charity
Giving to Charity
Giving to Charity
🎄