Repairing a Phone Connector

The plastic connector tip on my telephone cord is broken, so that it won't clip in and keeps falling out. Is there an adhesive or trick to keeping the cord in? Duct tape over it is not very effective.

By Mary from Kensington, MD

You can go to radio Shack or may be Wal Mart and buy a new cord. They come in different lenghts. Unhook the old cord from the phone and wall jack and slip in the new cord. The salesman can show you how to unhook the cord if you do not.

These phone cords are even sold in dollar stores, so make your life easier and replace the cord.

Ok, I guess I'll have to buy a new cord. It's not purchasing the cord that is so bothersome, but threading the cord where I have it tacked along the ceiling. It's a 50' cord. The jack is in one room, and my equipment a distance away. Thanks OliveOyl and FoxRun41.

You can buy the tools you need to replace the connector tip on phone cords. I don't remember what they are called (my husband is the one who uses it), but it is a plier-type tool that crimps the tip onto the cord. May need cord stripper too. The used to sell a kit at Walmart to repair phone cord, it was in the electronic section where the phone cords/accessories were.Don't know if they still ahve it with all the remodeling they've done. Target might have it too. I know Radio Shack has what you need though, & you can ask the sales clerk, who will be able to tell/show you just what you need.

If I remember correctly, it is not a real cheap kit, maybe $20? But worth it if you have your cord tacked up & don't want to remove it - or in our case, you had kids who were always pulling the cord out of the phone & breaking the tip(before we went all cordless). My husband also used it when he re-wired the house phone line & when he added a 2nd line for the computer.

Home and Garden Repair OtherJanuary 22, 2011
Phone Holder
Making a Phone Holder for a Cordless Phone
Pink Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cleaning a Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Stack of Old Phone Books
Uses for Old Phone Books
🎄
🍂