Reusing Old Clothing

Don't throw anything out. I save old and outgrown clothes. I save old dresses and skirts that I liked the pattern on and use them for quilts or baby clothes.

I keep the mismatched and holey socks for dusting and cleaning (turn them inside out and you have a terry type of material). I keep all buttons and some zippers.

I donate and give away the ones that are in good shape and the rest go to my hubby's garage.

By Mary from Roseville, MI

$200.00 a month for seven people???? How do you do that? I have to $100 a month for 2 (groceries, cleaning supplies, dog food, personal items, etc), and am having a hard time keeping up with everything. How do you do it???

I cut up all the clothes I don't wear any longer or if they don't fit and we use them to wash our vehicles, dusting, cleaning, etc. I only cut up the soft clothes and remove the buttons. A bag of rags is over five dollars and I refuse to give my clothes away so someone else can resell them.

You can also cut old clothing into thin strips, and use in knitting! They make great chair pads, pot holders, small rugs, hot pads, etc.

Rack of Clothing
Reusing Clothing
Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 23, 2006
Stack of Old Books
Reusing Old Books
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 26, 2016 at 9:26:22 AM on 10.0.1.236 in 943 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.