Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Where Can I Buy Essential Oils?

Where can I buy Tide brand essential oil?

Christi

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By CHRISTI [2]03/11/2009

I make my own homemade laundry detergent. The lady I bought the soap from made it herself. She scented the bar of soap with tide brand essential oil. I cannot find this oil anywhere!! So I was needing help finding TIDE brand essential oil.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Where Can I Buy Essential Oils?

To: melody_yesterday

You posted a recipe for making fragrance oil for fragrance lamps. I located the 91% alcohol that you recommended but as yet I have not located the perfume or essential oil that your recipe called for. Your recipe is as follows:

16oz. 91% isopropyl alcohol
3oz. essential or perfume oil

Your message stated that it was much cheaper to make your own fragrance oil for fragrance lamps.

Thank You.
FANCi

RE: Where Can I Buy Essential Oils?

I buy mine @ AC Moore's. I'm sure any craft store in your area will carry it, hope this helps. (09/07/2005)

By Tammy M.

RE: Where Can I Buy Essential Oils?

Try eBay. You can get some really good deals even with shipping prices there. That's where I get many of mine. Also, try calling a few of the Natural stores in your area. If they don't carry what you want, ask who might - it works well! (09/08/2005)

By smcarney

RE: Where Can I Buy Essential Oils?

You can also try a health food or natural foods store. (09/08/2005)

By Maryeileen

RE: Where Can I Buy Essential Oils?

This is what I found, I believe it was posted on Thrifty Fun. It calls for .3 ounces of oil.

Here is a recipe for using Scent It fragrance oils in your Lampe Berger: 16 FL OZ. ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL 91% VOL. (473 ml) (Do not use ethyl or any other type of alcohol.) .3 OZ. OF FRAGRANCE OIL (8.86 ml) (Add more oil if you want a stronger scent. Try adjusting by increasing fragrance oil at .1 oz. increments.

(09/08/2005)

By mkymlp

RE: Where Can I Buy Essential Oils?

Try Bath & Body Works store (09/10/2005)

By Julie

recipe for fragrance oil lamp

I used the 16oz. 91% isopropol alcohol to .3 oz. essential perfume oils but my lamps are hard to light and don't burn very long. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? (09/27/2005)

By lynda

RE: Where Can I Buy Essential Oils?

Essential oils can be bought at massage places. (01/04/2006)

By mgriggs59

RE: Where Can I Buy Essential Oils?

I am having the same problem, it seems that by the time you buy the oils you could buy the stuff already made for not a whole lot more. I have experimented and found that if you have a problem with your wick going out, only fill your lamp 1/4 full. Also let it flame for a full 3 minutes. There are some great sites I've found with pretty decent prices on the stuff already made up. Google "Janabelle's Island Boutique". 16oz bottles for 5.99 can't be beat even with the shipping. Some places will ship free if you buy certain amounts. (02/19/2006)

By Jim A

RE: Where Can I Buy Essential Oils?

I buy my fragrance oils at Wellington Fragrances on the internet. They have a HUGE supply and very nice people. (10/27/2006)

RE: Where Can I Buy Essential Oils?

I found essential oils at General Nutrition Center in the Dallas Fort Worth TX area. One web site I read said try your local herbalist. (11/08/2006)

By oredwine1933

RE: Where Can I Buy Essential Oils?

You can get it about anywhere, do not be fooled. Any oil will work, if it is not a heavy weighted oil. I started out with local Walmart type oils in the craft section, then I started into candle making and bought several kinds from reliable makers like bittercreek, scents are us, etc. - you can also buy on ebay under my link of fancynancys1stopshope. I also sell diffuser kits so you can make your own diffuser, check them out. I also have lampe berger wicks for sale too. I have just placed another overseas order and so my stock is completely gone at this time, but should be back within 3 weeks. Thanks, Nancy (01/21/2007)

By fancynancys1stopshope

RE: Where Can I Buy Essential Oils?