Recipes Using Leftover Egg Whites

I need a recipe/s using egg whites I want to put to use.

By foxygram from Combined Locks, WI

You could freeze them until you need them.Look at: it's filled w/facts of frozen etc.shelf life of foods.

If you have a boxed cake mix that calls for eggs, just use the egg whites. Three egg whites will give you about the same volume as 2 whole eggs. Or look for a recipe for coconut macaroons. Here is Paula Deen's recipe for the best macaroons I've ever tasted.

Paula Deen's Coconut Macaroons

3 cups shredded coconut

1 teaspoon almond extract

1/8 teaspoon salt

2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk

2 egg whites, stiffly beaten

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, combine coconut, almond extract, and salt. Mix in condensed milk to form a thick paste. Fold in egg whites with cream of tarter. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.

All white cakes ask you to use egg whites only, so look for recipes for white cakes.

You can also scramble egg whites and they are a delicious breakfast food. Healthier than whole eggs as well if you are watching your cholesterol.

Hope this helps.

I use mine to make angel food cake, baked meringues, and I add them to whole eggs in cooking.

Ingredients with Egg
Recipes Using Eggs
Food and Recipes Recipes EggsDecember 26, 2010
One brown egg and one half of a peeled hard boiled egg against a white background
Recipes Using Hard Boiled Eggs
Beating Egg Whites
Tips for Beating Egg Whites
Using Bluing
Separating Egg Yolk From Whites
Separating Egg Whites