Cut Mr. Clean Magic Erasers In Half

I love using Magic Erasers to clean items in our home from walls to shoes to the glass shower doors but dislike the price of them. That's when I decided to cut the Magic Erasers to the size that was necessary to do the job. For example, only a half of the eraser is needed for the shower door. So I only use a half. We only use 1/4 piece to clean our shoes. Doing this really helps a four pack of sponges last a while.

By linex_4 from San Antonio, TX

This is a great way to get twice for the price of one. I do this as well, and the cleaning power never skips a beat :-)

Fantastic! I've been doing this for a while, too. Also, if you have a dollar tree near you you can get their brand for only $1 for two. I still cut them in half!

August 25, 2009 Flag

Magic Erasers are everything the manufacturer claims, and then some. They'll clean surfaces as no ordinary sponge can, but they can be a little pricey. Use a steak knife and easily cut them lengthwise into 3rds. You'll get 3 for the price of one, and they work just as well.

By Kathy from Syracuse

Answers:

Cut Magic Erasers Lengthwise Into Thirds

You can find the generic version of these in DollarTree also. They work just as good. (02/17/2009)

By Bookeesmom

Yes I agree the generic ones work just as well and they are all wonderful! What a shame they weren't around years ago! (02/18/2009)

By marisa0407

I've always cut mine in half. I find the smaller size is easier for me to work with. (02/19/2009)

By Debbie52

August 25, 2009 Flag

Cut your Mr. Clean Magic Erasers into smaller pieces (I cut in quarters) to prolong their useful life.

By Tori

Answers:

Prolong the Life of Your Mr. Clean Magic Erasers

Could you explain a little more about this? I don't understand how cutting them in pieces makes them last longer. (04/15/2005)

By Katie A.

In response to Katie A. who was asking how the erasers last longer by cutting them in smaller pieces, here is a possible explanation. A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is about 2-1/2 by 5 inches in size, and it seems that when you use it to "erase" marks on a wall, for example, the harder you press on the eraser to eliminate your mark, the quicker the eraser is worn away. Plus, your mark may only be a small one, and by using the entire piece of the eraser, you are inevitably putting pressure on the eraser in a larger area than the size of your mark, thereby using up more of the eraser than you need to. So, cutting the eraser in smaller pieces seems to help them to last longer. However, cutting them in smaller pieces might prolong your cleanup job, too, if you have a large area to cover.

Tori (04/16/2005)

By truerblue

Thanks Tori. (04/16/2005)

By Katie A.

August 25, 2009 Flag

The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser product is very good. However; it is a little expensive. I have found that by cutting each pad in half, I get twice the cleaning. One half will clean the bathtub, or countertop, or shoes, etc. Often times you need a clean one to clean a different item. So half is just enough.

By Margeth from Michigan

Answers:

Getting More Out of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers

Great idea...thank you! I also do this with SOS pads...the box lasts me months...lol :) (03/13/2006)

By katieandjeffy

Cut Mr. Clean Magic Erasers In Half

Hi, I also found a generic "Eraser" at my Dollar Store, Cheers, Roz (04/20/2007)

By 2ndhandroz

Cut Mr. Clean Magic Erasers In Half

I don't know about them lasting longer but I cut mine in half because they are just easier for me to use in a smaller size. I have small hands and it just fits my hand better, half the size. I once cut one in 1/4's too when I was cleaning stained tile grout. In that size you can get into the grout much more easily. (04/20/2007)

By Debbie52

Cut Mr. Clean Magic Erasers In Half

I buy "green scrubbies" at the dollar store(8 pack). And I cut those in half, for scrubbing dishes (and a washcloth for washing). I have heard great things about magic erasers, but they cost about 2.00 a pack(with coupons) and the liquid cleaner is often .50 with coupon. Are the magic erasers a one time use thing? (04/20/2007)

By Starchild in VT

Cut Mr. Clean Magic Erasers In Half

Starchild, I have found Magic Erasers to be a decent price at Wal-Mart. It is under $2 for pkg of 2 and I bought quite a few with coupons. As you use them, they just sort of "go away"....they disintegrate or something but you use a while and rinse out and use again. You always have to wet it. Eventually you are down to a small piece. I have never yet tried any other brands of these erasers as I got so many cheap with coupons and am still using those. They are great for lots of cleaning chores, that's for sure. (04/20/2007)

By Debbie52

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Cleaning With Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsAugust 25, 2009
Uses for Pencil Erasers
Uses for Pencil Erasers
front of box
Magic Eraser Left Marks
star shaped magic wand
Magic Wand Crafts
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers Reviews
Magic Erasers Reviews
🎉
🎄