Opening Jigsaw Puzzle Boxes

I have trouble opening puzzle boxes neatly. Jigsaw puzzles come in boxes which are sealed under on all four sides. After I open it the ends are jagged and the box is not neat on the bottom anymore. Does anybody have tips for opening the seal of jigsaw puzzle boxes?

Lakshmi

I use a small jack knife to open boxed such as you describe.

You can use a knife or razor to cut through the paper by running the knife or razor along the paper seam that runs between the bottom of the box and the rim of the top of the box.

Letter opener.

I use one of those razor cutters that they sell in the stationary depts of stores. They have a blade that can be broken off when the front edge gets dull & a clicker on the handle that clicks & locks. You click out less than 1/8 inch on the blade tip. Go slowly & only cut the paper around the edge. These cutters are handy for so many things. I keep one on my coffee table to open boxes of things that UPS delivers.

I use a sraight edge razor to open up the boxes. ~Janette~

I do not care how the box gets open as long as the pix stays intact. Then I cut out the pix and tape it onto a plastic type of storage box.

** this will save you on trying to keep the cheap cardboard box from breaking down eventually.

** it is also waterproof in case of water damage, then I recycle the cheap cardboard box.

A simple kitchen knife always did the trick for me.

Jigsaw Puzzle Tips
Jigsaw Puzzle Tips and Tricks
Consumer Advice General AdviceFebruary 11, 2009
A woman working on a puzzle.
Making a Jigsaw Puzzle Mat
jigsaw puzzle
Making a Puzzle Storage Board
Making a Puzzle Board
Making a Puzzle Board
🎉
🎄